No Turn On Red is the second single from The Bandicoots upcoming EP, This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things. The band are from Hamilton in Canada, and are Nicolai Kozel (lead guitar), Andrew Parkinson (drums), Lorant Polya (bass) & Justin Ross (vocals/rhythm guitar). Check out the excellent video below too.
A little bit of retrospective on 2014 and a bit of info on the rest of 2014! Enjoy and have a merry Christmas!
Jesse Daniel Smith is one-half of the incredible Canadian songwriter duo, Bride and Groom, and has another new solo project you may not know about entitled, I Am the Sky. He issued a new single this past October, of which you are hearing here today, and looks to have just posted a great Dylan cover in the last week on his Soundcloud stream. I Am The Sky’s first album, “The World Doesn’t Need Another Record” was released a few months previous on August 19th and from the looks of it, Jesse is now involved in writing his second anticipated effort, “The Follow Up”.
JDS claims to have recently had open access to a recording studio from Midnight to 5am and recorded ‘If You Love Me’ in a live style setting, basically with nothing virtually added or arranged – a rather impressive feat. taking into account the quality shown here. Check the associated video below found via his YouTube site.Download If You Love Me (Overnight at McGill Studios) HypeMachine
Stockholm based Honeymilk has had a great 2014 with two new singles (check them out on SoundCloud), a UK tour and ever growing presence on US college radio. Now they’ve released their Sanguine Skies EP (check that out on Facebook).
Hosted this week by Caroline Lee of The Bugcast
This week’s music provided by the artists. Theme song provided by Dan at DanOSongs.com.
Idiosyncratic Transmissions is a member of the Association of Music Podcasting.
Imagine Dragons released the first video and single from their upcoming new album Smoke and Mirrors last week. The single is called I Bet My Life.
Since we featured the band back in June 2010, we’ve been watching their phenomenal growth.
In a, frankly, tired and rambling episode I start my 2014 countdown of tunes submitted to the show this year. I give a bit more information about this artists this month but to be honest you may feel you are better of without it. Let me know.
Sam Page – Release Me, Dark Eyes 55 – Winter Vibe, Smilex – Wasted Youth, Morrison – Calico Jack, David Garlitz – I Like The Way You Move, No Snow No Alps – N.E.W., MArley Blandford – Feel The Rain, Nick Tann – Don’t
1. daysdeaf – White Flags (Toronto, Canadá)
2. American Wolf – My Main Sport (Chicago, E.U.A.)
3. Sun Gods to Gamma Rays – Prism Light (Minneapolis, E.U.A.)
4. Lotus Fever – Collapse (Lisboa, Portugal)
5: The Seshen – The Fall (São Francisco, E.U.A.)
Comprar: Etch Shop
6. The Weather Station – Don’t Understand (Toronto, Canadá)
7. Will Stratton - Dreams of Big Sur (Brooklyn, E.U.A.)
Cowboy Cantor, a excelência da música independente.
From Altlanta GA, Concord America have released a free download single Put Your Money Down a boisterous dose of post-garage adrenaline very much in the spirit of their May EP release Suns Out Guns.
Hosted by Stuart of Insomnia Radio: UK
Featuring:Such Sights – Crooked Houses Sheffield | Web Site | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter Gudjohr – Djuke Box Brighton | BandCamp | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter Copper Lungs – Cloud Nine Dundee | Web Site | BandCamp | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter Cambridge Park [...]
London UK singer-songwriter Tom Rosenthal put out today’s featured single, “Hey Luis Don’t Bite Me”, back in June, to what appears to be an ode to a hungry footballer we all primarily remember from Brazil’s World Cup. It’s a superb stand-alone track which you don’t even need to know of the biting sportsman to love. If there was actually a retrospective for the year on this site, this song would likely be among the top.
Animation on the video we’ve embedded further below is by a lad named Dave Anderson. Also be sure to check out Tom’s first two albums and more on his releases over on his Bandcamp page and over at Soundcloud.Download Hey Luis Don’t Bite Me HypeMachine
This week on The Bugcast: we talk about Spotify and the BBC Music awards, plus we play 8 great tracks of independent and Creative Commons music!Songs played
- Kismet – Same Story, Different Name – from Utrecht, Netherlands – source
- Live Hart – I’m Gone – from Orlando, FL – source
- Vienna In Love – Save Me – from London, UK – source
- Lorenzo’s Music – Picture It All – from Madison, WI – source
- 10CentSunday – Nothing Has Changed – from Prescott, US – source
- Kendra Logozar – Sus Ojos Se Cerraron (Your Eyes Are Closed) – from Round Rock, TX – source
- Plug&Play – Lost A Friend – from Lublin, Poland – source
- Elyes Landoulsi – Guitar – from Montreal, QC – source
The 4th Annual HPR New Year 26 Hour Show, starting at 10:00UTC on December 31st! Be a part of it!
Please leave us feedback on the music or any of the topics that we’ve discussedPodcasts mentioned
The next live show will be episode 341, which will be broadcast live in the chatroom on Friday 19 December 2014 at 21:30 UK time (GMT/UTC).
There will be no show on Friday 26 December, the next show after that will be on Friday 2 January 2014.
The artists for allowing us to play their music.
Everyone who joined us in the chat room for the live broadcast of this show.
Internet Archive for hosting the podcast files
Ubuntu UK Podcast for the use of their Icecast server
Euterpia Radio for the use of their Shoutcast server
World Wide Indie Radio for relaying the live stream on their own service
Love Leeds Radio for replaying the show on their station
“Brill is “O” so happy to announce the release of their first single O Song. Brill is the current collaboration between singer/songwriters Brooke Trout and Dave Strauss. This acoustic harmonizing duo is in the final production stage for their debut album Fish Out of Water to be released in the Spring of 2015.” [bio]
I don’t know why I’m bothering to do this podcast – it won’t be as riveting as Serial, right? You’ve been listening to Serial haven’t you? No? Well, stop reading this nonsense and go and listen to it right now. For some reason I thought there were only ten episodes of Serial so I held of starting it until they’d all been released. And this week I listened to them all while walking to and from work. Come rain or shine or snow… But I just finished episode 10 today and there are two more to go! So go and listen to them now. I need someone else to talk to about it.
Meanwhile, on this podcast. Some music and stuff.
1. Kid Canaveral – “Low Winter Sun” (Played courtesy of Kid Canaveral / Fence Records)
2. The Cherry Wave – “Culture ’90″ (Played courtesy of The Cherry Wave)
3. SKINNY KIDS – “Stranger on the Highway” (Played courtesy of SKINNY KIDS)
4. Lowpines – “Call If You Need Me” (Played courtesy of Lowpines)
5. Like Mountains – “Call Me A Liar” (Played courtesy of Like Mountains, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
6. Collapsible Mountains – “Endings” (Played courtesy of Collapsible Mountains)
7. Witching Waves – “Fear Of Falling Down” (Played courtesy of Soft Power Records)
8. Wozniak – “Kreuzberg” (Played courtesy of Wozniak)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #189
- Handel Und Gretyl: Hexencraft (from “Black Forest Metal”, USA, Metropolis Records)
- SSS: Crushed by Drudgery (from “Limp.Gasp.Collapse”, Liverpool, Prosthetic Records)
- Bornstellar: Self Destruct (from “Self Destruct”, North Carolina, USA)
- By The Patient: Omnivore (from “Gehenna”, Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Zero Down: Two Ton Hammer (from “No Limit to the Evil”, Seattle, USA)
- Jahoomha: Black Waves (from “Black Waves”, Stockholm Sweden)
- Operator: Heartless (from “Admission”, Florida USA)
- 6:33: Ego Fandango (from “Deadly Scenes”, Paris, France, Kaotoxin Records, Clawhammer)
- White Arms of Athena: On the Edge (from “White Arms of Athena”, Texas, USA, Prosthetic Records)
- Bloodlash: In Gold & Blood Parts 1 & 2 (from “Drowning Amidst The Nebulae, Mexico, Inverse Records)
- Akhlys: Aratos
- Buried by Bears: Believe (UK)
- Spiralism: Gnosis (from “Chakras”, Helsinki, Finland)
- Cease: Humanity (from “Humanity EP”, Fresno, California, USA)
- Arbitrator: For That Which May Appease (from “Indoctrination of Sacrilege”, Calgary, Canada, Asher)
- Old Thunder: …and Your Blood Shall Nourish This Oak (Connecticut, USA)
- Marijuanal: Strung Out (from “Stoned Punk”, Italy,
- Kouzin Bedlam: The Accusation of Job (from “Longing for The Incomplete”, Finland, Inverse Records)
- Divine Realm: Neptunian Desert (from “Abyssal Light”, Canada)
London based indie rock foursome, HAWK have released their latest single, Hush a few days ago on December 8th. It is apparently the first release from the group’s forthcoming EP ‘Clock Hands’, and if this is any indication of what is in store, it will be a very promising year to come.
Irish-born lead singer Julie Hawk initially embarked on a solo folk career, and began collaborating with band member Matt in 2012. After a year on the acoustic circuit, the pair gained support from the likes of Steve Lamacq and Tom Robinson. The fledgling duo then joined Sam and Chris to form the band you hear today, adding a new abrasive edge to their sound while retaining the delicacy of their acoustic roots.
Also, beyond this excellent single, be sure to check out the new video for ‘Hush’, embedded further below.
[via aBadgeofFriendship]Download Hush HypeMachine
After fighting technical demons this week, we still produced a great show with some top tier real-indie music and an interview with Billsville West House Show proprietor Brian Gabbard. If you’re in Walla Walla (or not) you should check out what they’re doing and visit their house show or someone else’s. They’re extremely unique and intimate ways to experience music.The Playlist Title Album Artist Hey, Allison Send the Ships Echo Nebraska Oh You Parade Mickey Cupid Memphis If You Go to Memphis Six String Loaded Serenity Happe Holly Barkem Tide Tide Lucy Kitchen Go To Me Repentance Jordan Klassen Christmas Time Christmas Time Lonna Marie YOLO B-sides Tom Rosenthal Rivals Keep It Safe Wild Ones Star Is There Love On Mars? The Goldenhearts Joey New EP Emily Capell Pingu in the Igloo Tom Rosenthal Cover Keston Cobblers Club Interview with Billsville West House Show proprietor, Brian Gabbard Living a Lie Living a Lie H.M. Hammarin
Take part in the conversation, send in shoutouts, or just let us know what you think in the comments section below.
See you next time!
~JW and CR