In a, frankly, tired and rambling episode I start my 2014 countdown of tunes submitted to the show this year. I give a bit more information about this artists this month but to be honest you may feel you are better of without it. Let me know.
Sam Page – Release Me, Dark Eyes 55 – Winter Vibe, Smilex – Wasted Youth, Morrison – Calico Jack, David Garlitz – I Like The Way You Move, No Snow No Alps – N.E.W., MArley Blandford – Feel The Rain, Nick Tann – Don’t
1. daysdeaf – White Flags (Toronto, Canadá)
2. American Wolf – My Main Sport (Chicago, E.U.A.)
3. Sun Gods to Gamma Rays – Prism Light (Minneapolis, E.U.A.)
4. Lotus Fever – Collapse (Lisboa, Portugal)
5: The Seshen – The Fall (São Francisco, E.U.A.)
Comprar: Etch Shop
6. The Weather Station – Don’t Understand (Toronto, Canadá)
7. Will Stratton - Dreams of Big Sur (Brooklyn, E.U.A.)
Cowboy Cantor, a excelência da música independente.
From Altlanta GA, Concord America have released a free download single Put Your Money Down a boisterous dose of post-garage adrenaline very much in the spirit of their May EP release Suns Out Guns.
Hosted by Stuart of Insomnia Radio: UK
Featuring:Such Sights – Crooked Houses Sheffield | Web Site | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter Gudjohr – Djuke Box Brighton | BandCamp | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter Copper Lungs – Cloud Nine Dundee | Web Site | BandCamp | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter Cambridge Park [...]
London UK singer-songwriter Tom Rosenthal put out today’s featured single, “Hey Luis Don’t Bite Me”, back in June, to what appears to be an ode to a hungry footballer we all primarily remember from Brazil’s World Cup. It’s a superb stand-alone track which you don’t even need to know of the biting sportsman to love. If there was actually a retrospective for the year on this site, this song would likely be among the top.
Animation on the video we’ve embedded further below is by a lad named Dave Anderson. Also be sure to check out Tom’s first two albums and more on his releases over on his Bandcamp page and over at Soundcloud.Download Hey Luis Don’t Bite Me HypeMachine
This week on The Bugcast: we talk about Spotify and the BBC Music awards, plus we play 8 great tracks of independent and Creative Commons music!Songs played
- Kismet – Same Story, Different Name – from Utrecht, Netherlands – source
- Live Hart – I’m Gone – from Orlando, FL – source
- Vienna In Love – Save Me – from London, UK – source
- Lorenzo’s Music – Picture It All – from Madison, WI – source
- 10CentSunday – Nothing Has Changed – from Prescott, US – source
- Kendra Logozar – Sus Ojos Se Cerraron (Your Eyes Are Closed) – from Round Rock, TX – source
- Plug&Play – Lost A Friend – from Lublin, Poland – source
- Elyes Landoulsi – Guitar – from Montreal, QC – source
The 4th Annual HPR New Year 26 Hour Show, starting at 10:00UTC on December 31st! Be a part of it!
Please leave us feedback on the music or any of the topics that we’ve discussedPodcasts mentioned
The next live show will be episode 341, which will be broadcast live in the chatroom on Friday 19 December 2014 at 21:30 UK time (GMT/UTC).
There will be no show on Friday 26 December, the next show after that will be on Friday 2 January 2014.
The artists for allowing us to play their music.
Everyone who joined us in the chat room for the live broadcast of this show.
Internet Archive for hosting the podcast files
Ubuntu UK Podcast for the use of their Icecast server
Euterpia Radio for the use of their Shoutcast server
World Wide Indie Radio for relaying the live stream on their own service
Love Leeds Radio for replaying the show on their station
“Brill is “O” so happy to announce the release of their first single O Song. Brill is the current collaboration between singer/songwriters Brooke Trout and Dave Strauss. This acoustic harmonizing duo is in the final production stage for their debut album Fish Out of Water to be released in the Spring of 2015.” [bio]
I don’t know why I’m bothering to do this podcast – it won’t be as riveting as Serial, right? You’ve been listening to Serial haven’t you? No? Well, stop reading this nonsense and go and listen to it right now. For some reason I thought there were only ten episodes of Serial so I held of starting it until they’d all been released. And this week I listened to them all while walking to and from work. Come rain or shine or snow… But I just finished episode 10 today and there are two more to go! So go and listen to them now. I need someone else to talk to about it.
Meanwhile, on this podcast. Some music and stuff.
1. Kid Canaveral – “Low Winter Sun” (Played courtesy of Kid Canaveral / Fence Records)
2. The Cherry Wave – “Culture ’90″ (Played courtesy of The Cherry Wave)
3. SKINNY KIDS – “Stranger on the Highway” (Played courtesy of SKINNY KIDS)
4. Lowpines – “Call If You Need Me” (Played courtesy of Lowpines)
5. Like Mountains – “Call Me A Liar” (Played courtesy of Like Mountains, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
6. Collapsible Mountains – “Endings” (Played courtesy of Collapsible Mountains)
7. Witching Waves – “Fear Of Falling Down” (Played courtesy of Soft Power Records)
8. Wozniak – “Kreuzberg” (Played courtesy of Wozniak)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #189
- Handel Und Gretyl: Hexencraft (from “Black Forest Metal”, USA, Metropolis Records)
- SSS: Crushed by Drudgery (from “Limp.Gasp.Collapse”, Liverpool, Prosthetic Records)
- Bornstellar: Self Destruct (from “Self Destruct”, North Carolina, USA)
- By The Patient: Omnivore (from “Gehenna”, Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Zero Down: Two Ton Hammer (from “No Limit to the Evil”, Seattle, USA)
- Jahoomha: Black Waves (from “Black Waves”, Stockholm Sweden)
- Operator: Heartless (from “Admission”, Florida USA)
- 6:33: Ego Fandango (from “Deadly Scenes”, Paris, France, Kaotoxin Records, Clawhammer)
- White Arms of Athena: On the Edge (from “White Arms of Athena”, Texas, USA, Prosthetic Records)
- Bloodlash: In Gold & Blood Parts 1 & 2 (from “Drowning Amidst The Nebulae, Mexico, Inverse Records)
- Akhlys: Aratos
- Buried by Bears: Believe (UK)
- Spiralism: Gnosis (from “Chakras”, Helsinki, Finland)
- Cease: Humanity (from “Humanity EP”, Fresno, California, USA)
- Arbitrator: For That Which May Appease (from “Indoctrination of Sacrilege”, Calgary, Canada, Asher)
- Old Thunder: …and Your Blood Shall Nourish This Oak (Connecticut, USA)
- Marijuanal: Strung Out (from “Stoned Punk”, Italy,
- Kouzin Bedlam: The Accusation of Job (from “Longing for The Incomplete”, Finland, Inverse Records)
- Divine Realm: Neptunian Desert (from “Abyssal Light”, Canada)
London based indie rock foursome, HAWK have released their latest single, Hush a few days ago on December 8th. It is apparently the first release from the group’s forthcoming EP ‘Clock Hands’, and if this is any indication of what is in store, it will be a very promising year to come.
Irish-born lead singer Julie Hawk initially embarked on a solo folk career, and began collaborating with band member Matt in 2012. After a year on the acoustic circuit, the pair gained support from the likes of Steve Lamacq and Tom Robinson. The fledgling duo then joined Sam and Chris to form the band you hear today, adding a new abrasive edge to their sound while retaining the delicacy of their acoustic roots.
Also, beyond this excellent single, be sure to check out the new video for ‘Hush’, embedded further below.
[via aBadgeofFriendship]Download Hush HypeMachine
After fighting technical demons this week, we still produced a great show with some top tier real-indie music and an interview with Billsville West House Show proprietor Brian Gabbard. If you’re in Walla Walla (or not) you should check out what they’re doing and visit their house show or someone else’s. They’re extremely unique and intimate ways to experience music.The Playlist Title Album Artist Hey, Allison Send the Ships Echo Nebraska Oh You Parade Mickey Cupid Memphis If You Go to Memphis Six String Loaded Serenity Happe Holly Barkem Tide Tide Lucy Kitchen Go To Me Repentance Jordan Klassen Christmas Time Christmas Time Lonna Marie YOLO B-sides Tom Rosenthal Rivals Keep It Safe Wild Ones Star Is There Love On Mars? The Goldenhearts Joey New EP Emily Capell Pingu in the Igloo Tom Rosenthal Cover Keston Cobblers Club Interview with Billsville West House Show proprietor, Brian Gabbard Living a Lie Living a Lie H.M. Hammarin
Take part in the conversation, send in shoutouts, or just let us know what you think in the comments section below.
See you next time!
~JW and CR
Charlie Belle is an Austin, Texas-based trio comprised of three teenagers with 30-plus years of music-making between them. The group, comprised of sister and brother Jendayi Bonds (vocals, guitar) and Gyasi Bonds (drums, vocals), and Zoe Czarnecki (bass), delivers a welcomed update of the 90’s English “alternapop” sound on their debut EP Get To Know which will be released on January 13th, 2015. [bio]
It’s time for another Rathole Radio and this show I was trying a whole new set up in the studio with mixed results. In the long run it will be more flexible but getting used to live mixing, firing off jingles and watching IRC all at once is a challenge. I’ll get the hang of it eventually. In the meantime you can enjoy another hour of eclectic music and musings.
00:00 – Atomic Horsebox – Hello John How’s The Leg? – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed
48:04 – Crazy Quilt Bouquet – He’s Got Nobby Style – CC BY-SA Licensed
57:00 – 20lb Sounds – El Bubblino – CC BY-SA Licensed
Thanks to everyone from who has supported the show via Paypal and Flattr. It makes a big difference and I appreciate it.Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook and “Plus” us on Google+ Next Live Show: Sunday Dec 21st @ 9pm UK
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Association Of Music Podcasting:Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting. Check out all the other great member shows.
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Ann Arbor, Michigan based singer-songwriter Vincent Colbert has just released the 2nd single, “Rose Yellow Moon” from his forthcoming sophomore EP, Stranger in My House coming out next January 20, 2015. The song is basically described as encapsulating the feeling of being in a new place which does not yet feel like home, yet there is so much more in the origins of this beautiful song:“Rose Yellow Moon” resulted from a songwriting game Colbert and other Ann Arbor songwriters played each week called “The Polar Vortex Song Game”. The game was invented during the polar vortex of 2014 with each songwriter given a random phrase to be incorporated into the song. A culmination of one particular week when Colbert was given the phrase “rose yellow moon” evolved into an autobiographical extinguishing of his woes.
The most personal song on the EP for Colbert, it highlights the period of time he refers to as the “dark days” when he first moved to Ann Arbor. Colbert says “moving to a new place where I didn’t know anyone was tough. I spent a lot of time alone with my thoughts, and I was pretty isolated and alone for awhile.” This feeling is captured with the lyric, “alone at the bar and it feels like the dark will descend on my stone heart”. Colbert strived to record this song live in a raw way with the addition of slide guitar which resembles the cry of a lonesome wolf howling at the moon with the hopes of finding others like him.
[via Green Light Go]Download Rose Yellow Moon HypeMachine
“Tremors are a 2-piece semi-electronic act from Brisbane, Australia. Tremors recorded their first demo at age 16 in a bedroom in their rural home town, before receiving national airplay and interest. They then spent the next two years writing and recording their debut EP, relocating to the city and finding a band. Now having just independently released their debut, with lead singles Drink Me Down and The Game, Tremors are expanding their live show and playing headline shows and festivals over the 2014 Australian summer.” [bio]
Hosted this week by Erk of Erk FM
Idiosyncratic Transmissions is a member of the Association of Music Podcasting.
Especial Waltz Time Records
1. Larkin Poe – Don’t (Atlanta, E.U.A.)
2. Firestations – Forgetful Man (Londres, Inglaterra)
3. Chin of Britain – Nothing Changes (Londres, Inglaterra)
4. David G Cox – Bag Of Bones (Londres, Inglaterra)
5. Dos Palos – I’ve Been Around (com Ed Begley) (Liverpool, Inglaterra)
6. The Reverend Lee M.F. Williams – Absense (Oceanside, E.U.A.)
7. Able Moving Hearts - Night Lights (Reading, E.U.A.)
Cowboy Cantor, a excelência da música independente.