Edinburgh seven-piece band Urvanovic [‘er-van-o-vitch’] have recently announced the arrival of their debut album Amateurs, which drops via Survivalist on 15th June 2015. On Amateurs, Urvanovic have created a spectacular amalgamation of live and programable instrumentation that creates an overwhelmingly powerful sound.
Originally created as a studio experiment in Edinburgh, Urvanovic formed in 2012 as a byproduct of songwriter Tom Irvine’s (vocals, keys, guitar) composition projects at university. He then created a musical collective with the aforementioned Seonaid Stevenson (vocals, trumpet) as well as Niall Sinclair (laptop & keyboard, noises), David Hill (drums, percussion), Emma Donald (violin), Bethany Coyle (violin), Rachel Wilson (cello), David Norris (violin), Amanda Currie (violin), Tim Cais (cello) and Graham Coe (cello) to create the intense and captivating sound you hear on this album.
[via abadgeofriendship]Warrens HypeMachine
Both Claire and Justin host this month’s Top Ten which include some lovely artists including Grown Up Avenger Stuff, Narrow Plains, Tom Vevers, Greg Friedman and six more! Vote for your favorite three below and help one of these artists go down in TJWS legend.Note: There is a poll embedded within this post, please visit the site to participate in this post's poll. The Artists links and Twitter handles for you better to support them and get them more votes
- Greg Friedman @gregfriedman
- Tom Vevers @tomvevers
- Grown Up Avenger Stuff @avengerstuff
- Narrow Plains @narrowplains
- Model Aeroplanes @modelaeroplanes
- Antiqcool @antiqcool
- Ani-K #iamanik
- Maud the moth @maudthemoth
- JoeJoeKeys @joejoekeys
- Della Lupa @dellalupauk
@gregfriedman @tomvevers @avengerstuff @narrowplains @modelaeroplanes @antiqcool #iamanik @maudthemoth @joejoekeys @dellalupauk
The duo consists of brothers John Vallarelli on Drums & Percussion, and Michael on Keyboards. They describe their music as “experimental, post-rock, electronic, sort of”.
Music provided by Jamendo. Theme song provided by Dan at DanOSongs.com.
Idiosyncratic Transmissions is a member of the Association of Music Podcasting.
Hosted this week by Ro of DarkCompass
1. André Barros – Babacar (Marinha Grande, Portugal)
Comprar: Sítio oficial
2. Trêsporcento – Homem Novo (Lisboa, Portugal)
3. Tape Junk – Six String & the Booze (Lisboa, Portugal) [artistas do mês de Junho]
Comprar: Pataca Discos
4. Eat Bear – Skip Off (Porto, Portugal)
Mp3 grátis: Bandcamp
5. Lanks – Settle Down (Melbourne, Austrália)
6. Mikey and Matty – Floor Underneath Us (Seattle, E.U.A.)
7. Jason Barrows – City of Lost Children (Indianapolis, E.U.A.)
Cowboy Cantor, a excelência da música independente.
Episode number 132 of Insomnia Radio: UK
Ro at the controls again. Eight tracks from UK Artists
Release Date: Sunday 07 June 2015
Rating: Work Safe
- Indus Rush – Crackin’ Up
Dalbeatie | ReverbNation | Facebook | Twitter
- Jordan Reyne – Quirky Girls (from “[Maiden], Mother Crone”)
London | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter
- Ventenner – Six Blood (from “Distorture”)
London | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter
- Heifervescent – Colder Than The Edge of Space (from “Evolution Gains Again”)
Lancashire | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter
- India Mill – In Motion (Single Release)
Darwen | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter
- The Rezillos – Spike Heeled Assassin (from “Zero”)
Edinburgh | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter
- Follow The Lion – Low (from “The Candy and Gravity Motel”)
Leeds | SoundCloud | Facebook
- The Retrospectives – Confusion
Sheffield | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter
Ken Griffin’s deep and smoky tones on ‘Here in the Wild’ bear comparisons with other great Irish vocalists like Cathal Coughlan, while August Wells’ music is definitely for those who enjoy their music tinged with melancholy and moving, mature sentiments.
A video also accompanies below, directed by Sean Nagin with Jack Foster as DP.Here in the Wild HypeMachine
The band sent us word that their first EP “Soaked” is slated to release on July 2nd and this past June 3rd they issued their new video single ‘Baby Born (With No Brain). The video is available to check out further below.Dizzy HypeMachine
This week on The Bugcast: a round up of the last two weeks, Dave has a smashing time, and we play our usual mix of 8 great tracks of independent and Creative Commons music!Songs played
- The Alpine Camp – Regrets of a Cosmic Mountaineer – from Culver City, CA – source
- Terrible Terrible – Technicolor Idols – from New York, NY – source
- Kognitif – Deptch Narcosis – from Poitiers, France – source
- Jon Maurer – Burning Bright – from Los Angeles, CA – source
- Jasmine Jordan – Closer – from Los Angeles, CA – source
- Yayo – Make That Wish Come True – from Caen, France – source
- Lost & Profound – Superhuman – from Toronto, ON – source
- BlackStar – Love Passion – from Trento, Italy – source
- Podcrawl Glasgow, Friday 10 July 2015
- Please leave us feedback on the music or any of the topics that we’ve discussed.
- The next live show will be episode 363, broadcast live in the chatroom on Friday 12 June 2015 at 21:30 UK time (BST/UTC+1).
The artists for allowing us to play their music.
Everyone who joined us in the chat room for the live broadcast of this show.
Internet Archive for hosting the podcast files
Ubuntu Podcast for the use of their Icecast server
Euterpia Radio for the use of their Shoutcast server
World Wide Indie Radio for relaying the live stream on their own service
Audio Graffiti for replaying the show on their station
So I wanted to leave the 10th anniversary episode on top of the queue a little longer than usual, in part because I really like how it turned out. But really, you’ve waited long enough. It’s time to dig through the inbox and find some new music for you. I’ve got a lot of brand new releases in this week’s show, and I do believe you’ll enjoy them.
Stay to the end on this one. Trust me, it’s worth it.
Playlist for Dave’s Lounge #309:
- (00:17) Gelka (feat. Phoenix Pearle), "Million Nights" Buy from: Bandcamp
- (05:19) Maribou State (feat. Holly Walker), "Steal" Buy from: iTunes
- (08:53) 1Touch, "Miami Rise" Buy from: iTunes
- (13:51) Mo’jardo, "Summer Rain" Buy from: iTunes
- (18:26) Templo, "Mai Dai" Buy from: Bandcamp
- (22:46) Ateller, "BK Dusk" Buy from: iTunes
- (26:05) Weaver Beats (ft. Treee City), "Wizards" Buy from: iTunes
- (29:59) Bryan EL, "Genesis" Buy from: iTunes
- (33:57) Miper, "Alpha Swirl" Buy from: iTunes
- (38:44) DJ Sleeptalker, "First Contact" Buy from: iTunes
- (44:42) Submotion Orchestra, "Rust" Buy from: iTunes
- (52:22) Mister T. (feat. Katie Rose Summerfield), "Mississippi Groove" Buy from: Bandcamp
Don’t forget to tell me your favorite song from this week’s show in the comments below!
Take your place to chill on the go with the Dave’s Lounge App, which gives you to streaming access all the latest episodes of Dave’s Lounge, plus bonus mixes not available in the podcast, for only $1.99. The Dave’s Lounge App is now available for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Windows 8.
Enjoy the show!
“Royal has led two bands over the past 14 years, but has recenty branched out as a solo artist. In his first year he has been featured on CMJ.com, shared the stage with Reggie and the Full Effect, released an initial 4 song E.P. titled Volume One – The Maze“. [from bio]
Today’s Dose is from his new EP Volume Two – Flamingo.
- iwrestledabearonce: Doomed to Fail (from “Hail Mary”, LA, USA)
- Distant Sun: DarkMatter (from “Dark Matter”, Moscow, Russia)
- Graveyard Shifters: Bender (from “High Heels and Broken Bones”, Finland) 12th June Release
- Needless: A Grand Transgression (from The Dark Spirit of Ages”, Hungary)
- Amanita Virosa: Dead Body Love (from “Asystole”, Finland)
- Drawcard: Give It Up (from “Goons Ltd”, Australia)
- Town Portal: Yes Golem (from “The Occidental”, Copenhagen, Small Pond Recordings)
- Jupiter Falls: Chasing the Dragon (from “Revolution”, Leeds, UK)
- Fire Red Empress: Left Unspoken (from “Fire Red Empress”, UK)
- The Vex: Approval and Reason (from “Decronstruct|ep”, Sidcup, UK)
- Type Two Error: Death Bell (London, UK)
- Stringfinger: Sever The Ties (UK)
- Of Allies: One19 (from “Fragments”, Hull, UK)
- Mordecai: Just One Life (from “Valour”, South London, UK)
- Demon Lung: Deny The Saviour (from “A Dracula”, Las Vegas, USA, Candlelight Records) June 16th Release
- Dysentry: Led to Terminal Ignorance (from “Fragments”, MA, USA, Comatose Records, Clawhammer) July Release.
- Vile Caliber: For The Sake of Romance (from “Tomorrow’s for Those who Dare”, Helsinki, Finland, Inverse Records)
- Broadside: Playing in Traffic (from “Old Bones”, Richmond, Virginia, USA, Victory Records)
- The Sun Explodes: The Unnatural (Single Release, Carlisle, UK)
- Somehow Jo!: Lovesong (from “Satans of Swing”, Finland, Inverse Records)
- Unveil Me: Speak No More (from “Ennea”, Munich, Germany)
- The Fiend: Your Town will Burn Tonight (from “Greed Power Religion War”, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, UK, Candlelight Records)
- Hyperion: Manipulation (from “The Nibiru Cataclysm”, Exeter, UK)
- Gutter Instinct: War Command (from “The Insurrection”, Helsingborg, Sweden, Prosthetic Records)
Glowbug is Daniel Anderson, an electronic influenced pop artist out of Los Angeles. In January he released the eleven track LP, ‘Headhunters’ that was presented to the world free of charge, this track being the final oustanding close-out. Daniel had the following generous words to say about sharing the release:
Monetary transactions aside, there is one simple thing that you can help with if you enjoy this record: share it. If you find yourself relishing these songs, all that I ask is that you find two friends and direct them to a free Headhunters download of their own. If your friends like the record, then have them do the same. For those of you who would prefer a more modern approach to getting the word out, please just tweet, regram, blog, tumble and share this record on the social media platform of your choice. Your voice is worth more than I could ever say.
In addition, he also shared a bit on the meaning behind the album:
Headhunters is about the natural desire to be close to others. It’s about relationships and social interaction, about the balance between hunting and being hunted in the modern era of bar crawls and office parties. In turn, many relationships were called upon in the creation of these songs, so first and foremost I would like to thank Johnny Whitney, Josh Holland, Hyro Da Hero, Sean Smith, Lourdes Hernández, and Ross Robinson for lending their voices and/or spirit to these recordings. I cannot thank you enough.
If you get the chance be sure to check out the video for the excellent track ‘Death of the Party‘ embedded further below. His video for the new track ‘Two Tigers‘ also just released, which you can also view via his sites below.All In (feat. Lourdes Hernández) HypeMachine
Hi there independent music fans,it’s me that Nick Tann off of the internet! This week I bring you songs from around the world!
Luna Rosa – Spread Your Ashes Anywhere But Here, Ummagma – Lama, Yaw Prana – Well Tanna, Chris Angel – Little Bird ft Amanda Cottreau, Chalk – Everyone’s Problem, No Ones Problem, Marvin B Naylor – I Am A Summer Night, Nick Tann – How Can It Be Wrong?
This week’s show includes Justin’s musings after spending last week in Fargo, North Dakota at Misfitcon 2015. (Hint, it’s pretty significant.) We’ll tell you what our plans are and a bit of a shift in the mindset of us here at TJWS and No Coward HQ. Oh yeah, we’ll play some great music for you too, especially some great stuff from the submission box. Enjoy!Tom Vevers Walk Away Walk Away Kaige Evans So Rewind So Rewind Narrow Plains Lullaby Holding You The BearFox Over the Line Killing Off Characters Killing Off Characters Safe Cocktails and Canapes Kazo Where I Belong The College Years (Opi -Um) JoeJoeKeys A Mermaid’s Song A Mermaid’s Song Antiqcool Ignis Fatuus The Inner wastelands Maud the moth Takemysoul Nakisha Esnard‘s Album Nakisha Esnard Fearless Fearless Indigo Face Hey Girl Ani-K Ani-K Lie To Me Lie To Me Elle Exxe Cold Dedric Clark Dedric Clark I Wouldn’t Call It Love What You Find In A Bottle Chilina Kennedy Disaster Friends Of The Year Pageantry Uprising Shamanaid My Baby Got the Goods Travis Bowlin Masters Travis Bowlin Take It Easy Sofa King Cool Daze of Dawn Beautiful Liar Beautiful Liar The Bad Years Overdose Sung Inside a House Death Songs
See you next week!
~JW and CR
Yup, back in June – still from the car though. Someday i’ll set up my equipment and do a show with music and all like I used to do!! Giving you updates on me, cutting the cord via Kodi, and crazyness in Florida!