Hosted this week by Stuart Morrison of Insomnia Radio
Idiosyncratic Transmissions is a proud member of the Association of Music Podcasting.
Hosted by Dave and Caroline of The Bugcast
Fallen To Flux – Living With The Pain from London, England
Gin Factory – Ghosts from Reading, England
DeathBoy – So I Said You Died from London, England
Dayung – Only Human from Runcorn, England
Bayonet are an 4 piece indie band from Sheffield in England. They have been playing together for about six months, and have just released their debut EP, today’s Dose is the title track.
- Enter the Temple
- Self Pharoah
- Sultan Stomp
David Starfire feat Inner Forest
- Liasufam Desert
- Portishead The Walls Are Dripping Halloween Remix
- The Last Gospel (4 Man Func Mix)
- Simply Rolling
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
Dwight D Eisenhower
Brooklyn blues-influenced rock duo Courtesy Tier is Omer (guitar) and Layton (drums), who’ve been playing together for the last seven years, but they weren’t always a duo. As members came and went, they perpetually conceptualized themselves as a four and sometimes six piece band. Then, during their second winter in New York, they had run out of other band members. Regrouping in a closet size practice space under the Smith Street overpass, they finally had enough room to rehearse, and they liked the sound, following which their first full length, “The Resolution” was born.
In addition to the band’s impressive single “Something Better” released December 2012, we’ve also embedded the music video below for “Cold” another solid track taken from the band’s earlier ‘Holy Hot Fire’ EP.Download Something Better HypeMachine
This week on The Bugcast: we discuss genius kids and criminal social networkers, plus we play 8 great tracks of Creative Commons and independent music!Songs played
- Bi-Jo – Alien Movie – from Novosibirsk, Russia – source
- Victoria Caffe – Grand Daddy – from Paris, France – source
- Waiting For A Name – I Can Only Say Lies (Happy Song) – from Metz, France – source
- Roxanna – Exotica – from Toronto, ON – source
- Le Dame Blanche – Vision – from Berlin, Germany – source
- Beautiful Mess – Holding On – from Liverpool, NY – source
- Yvalain – I’m Down, Down, Down – from Toulouse, France – source
- Obsidian Shell – Fear – from Nagykáta, Hungary – source
Please leave us feedback on the music or any of the topics that we’ve discussedPodcasts mentioned
The next live show will be episode 337, which will be broadcast live in the chatroom on Friday 21 November 2014 at 21:30 UK time (GMT/UTC).Special thanks go to
The artists for allowing us to play their music.
Everyone who joined us in the chat room for the live broadcast of this show.
Internet Archive for hosting the podcast files
Ubuntu UK Podcast for the use of their Icecast server
Euterpia Radio for the use of their Shoutcast server
World Wide Indie Radio for relaying the live stream on their own service
Love Leeds Radio for replaying the show on their station
That they’re from From Nizhny Novgorod in Russia (about a five hour drive from Moscow, East down the M7) is about all we know about the band Cherry Daikiri. Except that they released the excellent album Electric Future in October this year. If your Russian is good, head over to VKontakte, or if not to Jamendo, for a free download of the album.
Tonight the podcast may jump the shark.
On last week’s show, for very little reason, I played some great tracks that have been featured on the podcast over the last almost 5 years. I was going to do something similar today because I quite enjoyed making it up as I went along, and entertaining suggestions from listeners on Twitter. However I accidentally sorted the playlist consisting of everything I’ve played by duration… So I thought, I wonder if I can make a podcast by playing every track in order of length from shortest to longest until I get to 45ish minutes. Since there are so many under 60 seconds this could end up being a mad panic. A mad panic with lots of Grindcore and Screamo.
I realise this is something I probably should have saved for that upcoming 5th anniversary, but who cares. Let’s do it.
1. Puig Destroyer – “Cut You Down” (Played courtesy of Puig Destroyer, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
2. Mental Waste – “Tired” (Played courtesy of Mental Waste, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
3. deathbythecolt – “bring back 80′s speed metal” (Played courtesy of deathbythecolt)
4. Melt Banana – “Flash Section” (Played courtesy of Free Music Archive, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
5. Waylon Thornton – “Screaming At You” (Played courtesy of Waylon Thornton, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
6. Force Quit – “Agitation” (Played courtesy of Force Quit, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
7. Swearin’ – “1″ (Played courtesy of Swearin’, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
8. Sorrows – “Don’t Bring Me Down” (Played courtesy of Sorrows, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
9. Year Of Birds – “The Graph I Drew” (Played courtesy of Year Of Birds / OnceC Records)
10. Spot Collins – “Stone Cold Jane Austen” (Played courtesy of Spot Collins, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
11. The Men from . . . BEYOND!! – “Bong City” (Played courtesy of The Men from . . . BEYOND!!, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
12. Randolph’s Leap – “News” (Played courtesy of Randolph’s Leap / Fence Records)
13. The Give It Ups – “If Everything Ends” (Played courtesy of The Give It Ups / Odd Box Records)
14. Radiator Hospital – “Blue Gown” (Played courtesy of Radiator Hospital, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
15. Thee Irma & Louise – “Angry Heart” (Played courtesy of Thee Irma & Louise, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
16. Aidan John Moffat – “The Poet Holds His Future In His Hand” (Played courtesy of Aidan John Moffat, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
17. Rejected & The X club – “i just wanna be with my cats” (Played courtesy of Soy Mutante, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
18. Tri-Lambs – “Fuffalunk” (Played courtesy of Tri-Lambs)
19. PASSION PUSHER – “Goner” (Played courtesy of PASSION PUSHER)
20. Joshua Burnside – “Concubine” (Played courtesy of Joshua Burnside)
21. G.E.R.M – “It was better before” (Played courtesy of G.E.R.M, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
22. The Planes – “LES (And Out of Luck)” (Played courtesy of The Planes)
23. Cat Smell – “Cheap Date” (Played courtesy of Cat Smell)
24. No Ditching – “Cuddles” (Played courtesy of No Ditching)
25. The Decent Lovers – “I Don’t Wanna be a Decent Lover” (Played courtesy of The Decent Lovers, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
26. Slushy – “I’m A Disaster” (Played courtesy of Slushy, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
27. Cat Problems – “I Smell Fertility” (Played courtesy of When Cunts Sing, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #185
- Frank Zappa: Cosmik Debris (from “Apostrophe”, Zappa Records, Prescription PR)
- Laugh at the Fakes: Not Like Me (from “Dethrone the Crown”, Toronto, Canada, Asher)
- Echovolt: In Deep Enough (from “Odds on the Underdog”, Spain)
- Frostlagte Måne: Snøskred (from “Summoning Blizzard”, Moscow, Russia)
- Skywalker: Survival (from “We Are Louder Than you 2.0″, Prague, Czech Republic)
- Anguish: The Woven Shield (from “Mountain”, Sweden, Dark Descent Records, Clawhammer)
- The Kut: I Want You Maniac (UK)
- When Cities Sleep: Two Faced (from “What Lies Lay Between Us”, Persistent Heart)
- Orange Goblin: Heavy Lies The Crown (from “Back from The Abyss”, UK, Prosthetic Records)
- Einherjer: Nornene (from “Ov Oss, For Oss”, Norway, Century Media)
- Hirondelle: Shutter (from “From Ashes”, Bristol UK)
- Ophidius: Glory of The Dead (from “The Throat of The World”, New Jersey, USA)
- Karkaos: The Condemned (from “Empire”, Montreal, Canada, Asher)
- Subservience: Upheaval (from “Upheaval”, Brighton UK)
- Seth Ect : Warning (from “DiMethylTriptamine”, Dusseldorf, Germany)
- Knight of The Round: Heavy Mako (from “South of Jidor”, Chicago, USA)
- Daveit Ferris: This is You Captain Speaking (from “A Taste of 365 Sparks”, Derry, Northen Ireland , Direct)
- The Dreaming: Alone (from “Alone”, Los Angeles, USA, Metropolis Records)
- Idol of Fear: Circle of Vortices (from “All Sights Affixed, Ablaze”, Ontario, Canada, Asher)
- Bella Morte: Exorcisms (from “Exorcisms”, Charlottesville, USA)
Bonsai. is an excellent new Brooklyn based band made up of singer-songwriter Simone Stevens, Greg McMullen on guitar and pedal steel, and Bryan Bisordi on drums and bass. Their first EP released in May was produced, engineered, and mixed by Dan Molad whose worked with some of our absolute favorites like Via Audio, Elizabeth and the Catapult and Here We Go Magic.
Bonsai’s songstress, Simone Stevens says of today’s featured single, “I live in NYC and it is filled with men and women consumed with careers or art. In the craziness if you meet someone who genuinely makes you forget city weariness for a minute you really cherish it.”
A residency at Pete’s Candy Store in Brooklyn as well as a few more local tour dates to the New York area can be found at their newish website below, or alternatively in their Twitter feed.
[via Green Light Go]Download I Like You Man HypeMachine
Madi Anne Davis joins us on the show today to talk about her early-in-life inspiration, her excellent first EP and what she’s got in store for us as she grows and continues her musical career. You’ll also hear some dog paws on the hardwood floor (some during the Madi Davis interview) as well as some great new realindie music.
We’ve also announced the launch date for our first volume of One Takes which we’re using to generate some income for the new station, Maven FM. You’ll be able to get it on Monday, November 17th and it paves the way for more volumes to come! It’s a few things we’ve never done before – putting together an exclusive recordings compilation and tried to raise any money for the show, so we need to thank the artists involved including Laura Marie, Roaming Herds of Buffalo, Van Susans and Pepper and Shepherd as well as Beatnik Geek Records for helping us through the release process.
Check it out over at mavenfm.bandcamp.com.
Please let us know how we do, if you see anything we can do better!The Playlist Title Album Artist Automation Automation Helmholtz Resonators She Young & in Love Northern National Endings Endings Collapsible Mountains The Prince Tidal Mental Head Valerio Lysander Mad Scientist Live In Studio C at Main Street Studios Shook Twins New York Dub New York Dub Mutant Vinyl Sicky Song Its A Free Country – EP Alex Blood & The Diggers You You (acoustic) The Floodgates Pressure Pressure Stella Star Comatose Oh, Hunter Hayden Calnin The End The End Natasha North Interview with Madi Davis Jacob Madi Anne Davis EP Madi Davis Sleeves Madi Anne Davis EP Madi Davis Perfectly Clear The Season Laura Marie Sequoia Within the Shifting Shade Bekah Kelso Your Year 6 + One The Wicks Rat Race The One Takes, Volume 1 Van Susans Man of Worthq The One Takes, Volume 1 Pepper And Shepherd Brain Cells Many Splendored Things James Dean Kindle & The Eastern Oregon Playboys
See you next week!
~JW and CR
For the last three years we’ve put out a call for any local acoustic musicians who have original acoustic songs that we could play on the Christmas edition of the Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight.
You can hear the previous shows here.
- Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight 2011 Christmas Special
- Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight 2012 Christmas Special
- Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight 2013 Christmas Special
This year we’re looking to do the same again, so if you’re a local(ish), acoustic(ish) artist with an original Christmas, New Year or seasonal winter-themed song that you’d like to share with the world then head on over to our Spotlight page, read the conditions, then submit your song using SoundCloud. Just remember to make your SoundCloud song downloadable so we can… er… download it!
The deadline for submissions is 8th December, so what are you waiting for? A one-horse open sleigh?
Formed in Milan, Italy, in 2007 by Pietro Guerrini (guitar & vocals), Alessandro Caputo (guitar), Robin Duncan (bass) and Jacopo Burastero (drums), Excusers released their first LP “Portrait Of Infidelity” on UK label Cloudragon last year.
They just released their “No Excusers EP” on Beko Disques, today’s Dose is from that. Check out the BC links below for a free (name your price) download. Also be sure to check out the video too.
Another Rathole Radio, recorded on the day it was supposed to be recorded and released on time. I’m as shocked as you are but let’s hope it’s the start of a long run. This was a fun, relaxed show. I played my usual mix of eclectic tunes and chatted to everyone in IRC as we went.
00:00 – Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra – Want it Back – All Rights Reserved
Thanks to everyone from who has supported the show via Paypal and Flattr. It makes a big difference and I appreciate it.Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook and “Plus” us on Google+ Next Live Show: Sunday November 23rd @ 9pm UK
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Association Of Music Podcasting:Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting. Check out all the other great member shows.
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Kid Scissor is the solo project of musician Josh Ben, a Philadelphia-born, Austin-based singer, songwriter, and producer. His debut single “The Ones That Don’t Care” released on November 3rd, we must say a very excellent and solid lead-off effort.
The track was sent over by a fan who included the mention that Kid Scissor’s musical influences range from artists like Deon, the Belmonts, and all the way to T.Rex.
Enjoy and make sure to bookmark a few links below.Download The Ones That Don’t Care HypeMachine
Dr Velvet and the Social Drinkers are a punk band from LA, today’s Dose is from their latest EP, Old Habits, which is available on a ‘Name Your Price’ basis from BandCamp (as is all their back catalog, see the BC link below), as well as almost all download and streaming sites, like Spotify, iTunes, Rhapsody & Amazon.
The band is:
Ryan Wilcox- vox/guitar
Daniel Felice- bass/vox
Ghoul The Hectic Clownie- Drums
Featuring guest vocals from Rachel Mint
Hosted this week by Ro of DarkCompass
Music has been provided by the artists. Theme song provided by Dan at DanOSongs.com.
Idiosyncratic Transmissions is a proud member of the Association of Music Podcasting.