With nods to the likes of Interpol, Torches and Tears For Fears – indicative of the scope at play here – the new release confirms their status as one of the most exciting bands emerging from a northern city in rude aural health right now, bringing influences from electronica to post punk and psychedelia into the melting pot, winding up with something somehow familiar yet unarguably original.
With a UK tour underway and further new material in the pipeline, the five-piece are set for a busy few months with focus on the band sure to intensify. [via Super Cat PR]
- Backwater: Distance (Sweden)
- A.H.P: Unleashed The Storms (Finland)
- Atrocious Abnormality: Erotic Tales of Disembowlment (USA)
- Colibrium: Spinning of The Wheel (Australia)
- Martriden: Cold and The Silence (USA)
- Strange Fiction: Icarus’ Last Night (UK)
- Moran Tong: The Eyes of Men (UK)
- Dead Feathers: Color Exhaustion (USA)
- Idlewar: Feel The Pain (USA)
- My Cruel Goro: It’s Fake (Iceland)
- Beastmaker: You Must Sin (USA)
- Six of Swords: Secular World (Canada)
- Colonnelli: Masticacuore (Italy)
Seattle singer-songwriter Pierce has teamed up with Billy Thompson (also supplying vocals) for the excellent track ‘If I Were You‘ taken from his newest three-track EP ‘Real Faker‘. The EP was released this past year on Sept 11 and was recorded in Seattle and mixed out in Nashville. Cover Art is by Michael Ahmann
More of Pierce’s releases can be found via his BC page below and for streaming through his Soundcloud site.
[tip via ziklibrenbib]If I Were You by Pierce is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC 3.0)
License If I Were You HypeMachine
Following on from the acclaimed singles ‘To Be Young’ and ‘Radio Silence’ Portsmouth 5-piece Kassassin Street unveil their politically charged first single of 2016, ‘Hand in My Pocket’- three minutes and fifteen seconds of punchy psych-pop ruminating on social injustice in a UK society under austerity.
The band are looking to build on the name they made for themselves in 2015, when they played a full summer of festivals, including appearances at Secret Garden Party, Bestival, Blissfelds, Y Not, Great Escape, Beatherder and Isle of Wight, as well as a hometown slot at Victorious Festival which drew a crowd of 3000 people.
An autumn tour also went very well, selling out venues in Brighton, Stoke and Leeds and culminated in selling 500 tickets for a hometown show at the Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth. [via Super Cat PR]
Music provided by the artists. Theme song provided by Dan at DanOSongs.com.
Idiosyncratic Transmissions is a member of the Association of Music Podcasting.
Hosted this week by Dave & Caroline of The Bugcast
1. The Pines – Hanging From the Earth (Minneapolis, E.U.A.)
2. Adam Busch – River of Bricks (Austin, E.U.A)
3. Melaena Cadiz – At the Symphony (Los Angeles, E.U.A.)
4. Odetta Hartman – Batonebo (Nova Iorque, E.U.A.)
5. Suuns – Paralyzer (Montreal, Canadá)
6. Girl Meets Bear – Ignore (Toronto, Canadá) [artista do mês de Abril]
7. Horse Party – What I’d Do (Bury St. Edmunds, Inglaterra) [artista do mês de Março]
Cowboy Cantor, a excelência da música independente.Facebook, TuneIn, Twitter
On Friday 22nd April 2016 Liverpool Acoustic welcome back to the View Two Gallery acclaimed American singer-songwriter Josh Harty as part of his UK and Ireland tour. Harty is appearing at the Mathew Street venue following the release of his new album Holding On, described as ‘an album of soul touching songs… a profound mix of complete storytelling and accomplished musicianship ‘ [Folkwords] and ‘a consistently solid slice of American folk-country’ [The Daily Telegraph].
Josh is supported on the night by popular, award-winning Americana band The Good Intentions and local 18 year old singer Sam Cooke.
- Event: Liverpool Acoustic Live, with Josh Harty, The Good Intentions, Sam Cooke
- Date: Friday 22nd April 2016
- Times: Doors 7.45pm, music 8.15pm
- Venue: View Two Gallery, 23 Mathew Street, L2 6RE
- Tickets: £5 advance (+50p booking fee) & £6 on the door
Buy tickets at wegottickets.com/liverpoolacoustic
- The facebook event can be found here
- Details of all Liverpool Acoustic music events can be found at
- Press enquiries & guestlist email firstname.lastname@example.org
Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight 146
To play click the player above or right click Spotlight 146 to download for free.
1. Josh Harty – English Rain
Taken from the new album Holding On available from Josh’s website
2. The Good Intentions – I Lay Me Down
Taken from forthcoming new album being released Autumn 2016
3. Sam Cooke – Familiar Air (demo)
4. Only Child – Accidental Englishman
Taken from the forthcoming new album The Whale Found Its Way To The Shore
The album is being launched on Friday 6th May at the Music Room (Liverpool Phil) with support from Dominic Dunn and Vanessa Murray. Full details plus ticket link can be found at liverpoolacoustic.co.uk/events
5. Gary Edward Jones – Bang Bang
The single is being launched on Thursday 28th April 2016 at Constellations, with support from Eleanor Nelly and a DJ set from Da Moon Project.
6. Sam Cartwright Johnson – About A Friend
7. Josh Harty – Ballad For A Friend
Taken from the new album Holding On available from Josh’s website
Theme: King of the Faeries by Andrew Ellis from his CD Midnight On The Water
Josh Harty is a messenger. A North Dakota songsmith. A third generation musician, son of a small town police chief and preacher, he often muses that growing up he figured he’d end up going to jail or going to hell.Between the ages of five and eleven he sang gospel and country with his father at just about every Lutheran Church, Eagles Club and Senior Center in the Midwest. By age twelve Harty had made two records (cassettes) with his dad; achieving sales of 10,000 copies.His second solo project, 2008’s A Long List of Lies debuted at number eight on the Euro Americana chart. Produced, recorded and mastered in Madison, Wisconsin’s legendary Smart Studios, the album captures Harty’s clean guitar attack and a finger style that glistens with a razor’s edge.
In 2011 Harty released Nowhere, which was recorded at Base Camp Studios in Bozeman, Montana by acclaimed performer, producer and engineer Chris Cunningham (Storyhill).
2014 saw the release of two duo albums Harty recorded between 2012 and 2013. 12 August with fellow Americana artist John Statz and The Attic Session with long time collaborator Blake Thomas.
Over the last five years Harty has toured tirelessly in 41 States and countries across Europe and the United Kingdom. He demoed songs for his new album with George Lukas in Brno, Czech Republic (released as a download via NoiseTrade as The Brno Sessions), in New York City, and in Gleisdorf, Austria with Chuck LeMonds.
His new album, Holding On, was recorded at DNA Music Labs in Madison, WI and was produced by Blake Thomas and Mark Whitcomb. The album features songs written on the road over the last two and a half years performed by a full band.
Having the base tracks performed live in the studio, the album captures the feel and energy of a true Americana band.
Josh Harty’s unique blend of American music has become a must-hear for those who keep the tradition of country, blues and folk close to their hearts. The touring bug has never left him as he continuously travels across Europe and North America. More than just moving along, he’s spending plenty of time in the communities along the way, from Brooklyn to Haarlem, from London to Portland. Harty is always looking for that balance between the rolling road and the people who inspire him, trading stories around kitchen tables and theatre stages. His live shows prove that good storytelling combined with journeyman musicianship is as American as music gets.
THE GOOD INTENTIONS
Formed in 2005, The Good Intentions (R Peter Davies, Gabrielle Monk, Francesco Roskell) won Best Americana Band at the British Country Music Awards in 2011. Their album Travelling Companion won plaudits across the UK and around the world, Nashville Radio declaring it to be ‘the real deal’.
The Good Intentions recorded Travelling Companion and upcoming new album partly in California with renowned musician and producer Rick Shea. The new album, dedicated to the memory of Francesco ‘Frank’ Roskell who sadly passed away at the end of 2015, is due for release in September.SAM COOKE
facebook.com/samcookeuk Sam Cooke is an 18 year old singer-songwriter from Liverpool. Having only started gigging a little over a year ago, he has already established himself as one to watch on the Liverpool scene. Channeling the spirits of the likes of Nick Drake and John Martyn but adding a fresh. modern approach makes him someone to look out for in future. Watch this space…
If you get the chance, please support your local artists by joining their mailing lists, liking their facebook pages, following them on twitter, leaving them comments, going to their gigs, and buying their music direct from them where possible. The Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight is produced and presented by Graham Holland and Stuart Todd on behalf of the Liverpool Acoustic website, and is a proud member of the Association of Music Podcasting. The theme music alternates between King of the Faeries by Andrew Ellis from his CD Midnight On The Water, and Solid Ground by Neil Campbell.
Preview: Liverpool Acoustic Live – Friday 22nd April 2016
The post Preview: Liverpool Acoustic Live – Friday 22nd April 2016 appeared first on Liverpool Acoustic.
Roadhoue 581 is a Roadhouse Rewind this week, as I'm in New England for a few weeks. Enjoy Roadhouse 321 from April 16, 2011.
This edition of The Roadhouse proves the statement we've been making for six years of Saturdays - that the blues isn't just about the old guy on his porch, an acoustic guitar in his lap. Blues can be upbeat, too. The Chris O'Leary Band, Kelley Hunt, Hamilton Loomis, Janiva Magness, and The Juke Joints set the tone for a chair-dancin' hour of the finest blues you've never heard - the 321st Raodhouse.
Leeds, UK label Sad Sack Records released a 10-track compilation [‘I Was a Teenage Sadsack’] last June 5th featuring new or previously unreleased tracks from some of the label’s favorite bands of 2015. Today’s feature here at the Daily Dose is one of the tracks by Leeds band FRONTWARDS, whose contribution to the release is the excellent track ‘Speechless’.
A compilation cassette, which was initially limited to 100 copies available still appears to be available through the BC site below. The label also released a free 4-track EP named ‘Peachy Keen’ for Record Store Day last year which you can also grab there, again featuring another good track by Frontwards.Speechless HypeMachine
This week on The Bugcast: two debuts, two announcements, nominations, plus our usual mix of 8 amazing Creative Commons and independent tracks!Songs played
- In Isolation – Parlance – from Nottingham, UK
(taken from the band’s brand new debut album “A Certain Fractal Light”)
- Thoola – Echoes – from Prague, Czech Republic – source
- Townhouse Woods – Deerfield Lake – from St Paul, MN – source
- Roy Smiles – God Help The Down And Out – from London, UK – source
- waterpistol – Always And Never – from Amsterdam, Netherlands – source
- Niki J Crawford – Spread Your Wings – from Los Angeles, CA – source
- Port of Est – Valentine In My Headphones – from Portland, ME – source
- Flat People – Sensitive Clumsy Astronaut – from Dallas, TX – source
In Isolation’s debut album “A Certain Fractal Light” has been released – go get your copy now!
Congratulations to Meghan and Craig on the arrival of baby Cecilia
On Sunday 1 May:
- Watch out for an announcement about a new collaborative project
- Watch out for an announcement about a new podcast from a friend of the show!
- Please leave us feedback on the music or any of the topics that we’ve discussed.
- The next live show will be episode 406, broadcast live in the chatroom on Friday 29 April 2016 at 21:30 UK time (BST/GDT/UTC+1).
- Join us during the week on our Telegram group chat – click here to join (you’ll need a Telegram account)
- People’s Choice Podcast Awards 2016 – nominations open until Saturday 30 April – please nominate The Bugcast!
The artists for allowing us to play their music.
Everyone who joined us in the chat room for the live broadcast of this show.
Internet Archive for hosting the media files
Ubuntu Podcast for the use of their Icecast server
Euterpia Radio for the use of their Shoutcast server
World Wide Indie Radio for relaying the live stream on their own service
Apologies yet again for a late podcast. I’m addicted to “Meetup” at the moment, and last night – Thursday night – when I normally record the show I ended up at a “digital media” meetup. I thought it would mostly be about podcasting, but in the end it was more work-related than fun-filled.
So I spent an hour this morning putting together the playlist for this week’s show while sitting in Artisan Roast. This is getting to be a habit isn’t it? Doing podcast preparation while sitting in a coffee shop. Although, to be honest, there are worse ways to spend a Friday morning.
1. Kaspar Hauser – “Pencil Doings” (Played courtesy of Soft Power Records)
2. DTHPDL – “The Future” (Played courtesy of DTHPDL)
3. Lionizer – “Bleach” (Played courtesy of Lionizer, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
4. Cracked Up – “Let’s Go” (Played courtesy of Cracked Up, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
5. In Love With A Ghost – “we’ve never met but, can we have a coffee or something” (Played courtesy of Z-Tapes, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
6. Storm the Palace – “Cadillacs and Carousels” (Played courtesy of Storm the Palace)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #230
“Currently, the group is recording an additional track titled “Even Close” as follow up to the “Breathe” single release and do look forward to release them during the following months. Jean Cabbie & The Secret Admirer Society is comprised of Jean Cabbie (Lead Vocals/Rhythm Guitar), Eric Cabrer (Lead Guitar/Backing Vocals), Jacob Rodriguez (Bass/Backing Vocals) and Marcos Rivera (Drums).” [from official bio]
Baltimore-DC based group AMFMS have just finished a successful tour to SXSW and are now gearing up for their next big event, the Firefly Musical Festival, which takes them into two days of perfomances in Dover, Delaware on the same lineup with Kings Of Leon, Mumford and Sons, Tame Impala, Death Cab for Cutie and many many more. For all the details of this event that starts off Summer in mid-June, head on over to https://fireflyfestival.com/lineup/
Today’s feature comes from the excellent new four song Captives EP which you can pick up at their store link below. The band has recently promised an upcoming free download of their Pabst Blue Ribbon SXSW HotelVegas session when it is released so keep checking back at their FB page as well.Black Rabbit HypeMachine
Here it is: my first radio show in more than two decades!
This is the official WHUP recording of the broadcast from April 10, 2016. All the music in this first radio show is either podsafe or has been played with permission from the artists or labels in the past. That won’t be the case for all future episodes. However, I intend to continue distributing what parts of the show I can via this podcast feed in the future.
Playlist for April 10, 2016:
(00:32) Evil Needle – Worry (feat JMSN)
(06:19) Natalie Walker – Mars
(10:08) Submotion Orchestra – Empty Love (feat. Ed Thomas)
(13:36) ODESZA – Light (feat. Little Dragon)
(17:44) Kawehi – Like Her
(24:37) Artemis – Auralei
(29:47) Alice Russell – I’m The Man That Will Find You
(33:56) Pixel Fix – Fall (The Walton Hoax Remix)
(39:33) Salt of the Sound – Did You Hear It?
(42:49) David Keogh – Endless Winter
(46:32) Bonobo – First Fires (feat. Grey Reverend)
(51:09) Fauxliage – All The World
(56:32) Gavin Turek & TOKiMONSTA – Hemisphere
(1:00:05) Colorpulse – The Real You
(1:02:53) Jan Amit – Heal (Ficci and Laura Hahn Remix)
(1:06:04) The Grooveblaster – Southern Heat (feat. Anji Bee)
(1:11:37) Thomas Lemmer – Is It Too Late (feat. Lena Belgarde)
(1:16:35) Captain Supernova – Leaving The Past Behind (feat. Laura Mace)
(1:20:40) Shana Halligan – Something Real
(1:23:57) Lal Meri – Bad Things
(1:30:08) Joshua Wentz – Calm Me Down
(1:35:01) JES & Cold Blue & Dennis Sheperd – Runaway (Zetandel Blue Remix)
(1:38:56) san.drine – Not Around
(1:43:03) Dive Index – Counting Umbrellas
(1:47:43) Emily Underhill – Dreamcatcher
(1:55:11) The Human Experience – Dusted Compass (feat. Lila Rose)
Be sure to tune in every Sunday at 3:00 PM Eastern — that’s 8:00 PM London and Lisbon, 9:00 PM in Barcelona and Berlin — to hear Dave’s Lounge on WHUP!
Best episode title ever. (Ummm… really?) At any rate, we’ve got some great new singles from new releases from The Madisons and Anna Pancaldi, as well as a show nearly choc-a-block with brand new submissions to the show.The Playlist
- She Dances by Anna Jordan
- What Did I Do? by Almost Awake
- All the Feelings from the album Dust by Marcus Valance
- Runaway from the album Dear Joe EP by Anna Pancaldi
- Can’t Be Without You from the album Elations by Bayonet
- Be Still My Heart from the album Genevieve by Jacqui Treco
- Green Light (unplugged) by Alex Hart
- Run With Wolves from the album Run With Wolves EP by Me and the Moon
- I Saw You Saw Me Back from the album Following Foxes by Following Foxes
- Don’t Move by Delaire
- Meet Me At The Wishing Well by My Baby
- Plankton from the album Err On The Side of Love by The Madisons
- Rusty Slow Blues from the album The Madisons by The Madisons
- Home Sweet Home by Sample Answer
- Dancing With Death from the album Trying to Make Sense by Jazz Morley
- Marchioness by The Buzzard Orchestral
- The Wolf Is Not At The Door from the album Performing Fleas by Zvilnik
- Apology to the Feminine from the album Actions, Reactions and Misunderstandings by Zalinski
- Bots from the album The Future’s Looking Grim by Yea Big and Kid Static
- Moment Goes by The Young Wild
See you next week!
~JW and CR
- Haiduk: Nergion (Canada)
- Nest: Born Against / Fallen from A Broken Wing … Silent Lies The Feather (from “Nest”, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Driven Fear: The Feedback Loop (from “Freethinker”, Brisbane, Australia)
- Ensight: The Pain Society (from “Hybrid”, Pisa, Italy)
- Last Frontier: Lost in Confusion (from “Last Frontier – Theta Healing (Through The Poison)”, Napoli, Italy
- Steel Jungle: Delutions (from “Soidnmenot”, Finland)
- Wormwitch: Coffin Birth (British Colombia, Canada)
- Jesus Chrüsler Superstar: From Hell (from “35-Supersonic”, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Anti-Clone: Astaroth (UK)
- Bleed The Pigs: Nightmare Child (from “Mind and Matter”, Nashville, Tennessee, USA