Dundee Scotland pop-rock four-piece COPPER LUNGS have just released their free download single Cloud Nine, out officially this past 27th October 2014 via Thin Hippo Records. This follows the release of their self-titled EP in April with support from BBC Introducing, STV, Rock Sound Magazine, Bring the Noise and Artrocker, as well as a very busy summer playing tourdates inc. a few festivals.
To support their newest release Copper Lungs will be playing #LiveWednesdays at the Hard Rock Cafe in Glasgow on 12th November in association with XFM Scotland before they co-headline with Our Future Glory at Buskers Dundee on 15th November.
[via A Badge of Friendship]Download Cloud Nine HypeMachine
I ramble through some of the best music you have never heard, unless you are a regular listener …
Dirty Proper – Just Feel Love, Jen Olive – Death of Me, April Maybe May – Sugar and Mess, The Cadbury Sisters – You Choose, Bela Takes Chase – Eye Pennies, Emily Wolfe – Dance on the Record Groove, Nick Tann – Don’t, Lucy Kitchen – Stolen Crown, Anna Neale – Try
If you like the show please review it on the Itunes there’s a love. You can also listen via the Tunein app as well as other. Give it a go.
Daylight savings came a week early in the UK, so we busted out an extra hour of the show this week! And, with Discovery 2 coming up on Thursday, we used our third hour to to preview the gig and play bunches of music from the upcoming artists and Discovery 2 alumni as well. Oh yeah, did I mention it’s our HALLOWEEN SHOW? Don’t worry it’s not too scary… … BOO!
The Playlist Title Album Artist Skeleton Walk feat. Bo’kem Allah The Distance Buxaburn How I Feel Unreleased Safe Secrets Comatose Oh, Hunter Hayden Calnin SYNTHESISING (demo) Free Download Elle Exxe Halloween (Ghosts Rule) Rigormorits McCoy Rigormorits McCoy Floating My Fellow Sponges My Fellow Sponges I Wanna Be Free Music Feature Lonna Marie Dirty Killer [Sidewalks and Skeletons Remix] The Courtesans Stone In The Sea Stone In The Sea Thieves In The Palace Coolest Little Monster Electric Frankenstein Electric Frankenstein Bones (re-mixed) We Could Be Scenery Van Susans Halloween Halloween Kotki Dwa Violin Case Handsome Orders Point Juncture, WA Ghosts The Bullet Within Birdeatsbaby Ghosts This New Day The Undivided Cemetery An Hour to Anywhere Melic These Ghosts These Ghosts EP Fifteen Days Riverside Park: Devil Mask & Wings The Buddhist Kye Alfred Hillig Brave Brave Robbie Boyd Ghost Ghost Matt Stevens Ghosts Leaving Venus Leaving Venus The Haunting The Haunting – Single BetaCivilian Discovery 2 Preview with Alex and Umong Dolls’ House State Of Alert Kiwi As Soon As I Can As Soon As I Can Tom Jarvis Icy Icy Icy Icy DIA Through My Eyes Through My Eyes Alex Blood and The Diggers mood for love Not Another Love Song EP Elektric Skin Me Alive Skin Me Alive Malory Torr Diggory Diggory EP Jennifer Left Take A Ride Desert Mountain Tribe Desert Mountain Tribe Weatherman Solko Solko I Still Get That Feeling Life Blood Soul Danny Toeman Don’t Call Me Out Cortes Cortes
See you next week!
~JW and CR
The new album Heartbeat Overdrive by Austin TX based Moonlight Towers arrives on November 11th from Chicken Ranch Records. The album’s first single Out Of The Gray is today’s Dose.
This month’s Discovery 2 has moved to a new venue, the 02 Academy Islington, so make sure you’re not heading to west London for this one! This month features Midlands, punk, pop reggae scoundrels Alex Blood & The Diggers, upcoming Scandanavian electropop artist DIA, quirky and hauntingly beautiful vocals from Kiwi and singer songwriter Tom Jarvis. Hear us chat with promoters Alex KW and Umong Shah, a track from each band and even a few extra songs from some Discovery Alumni.More about the artists ALEX BLOOD & THE DIGGERS
Midlands punk pop reggae scoundrels Alex Blood & The Diggers back on the road with a cheeky little set of dates in their strongholds. It coincides with the release of their latest collection of material “Combat Flat Cap”
Alex Blood & the Diggers have being steadily building their movement across the UK for last couple of years. Their unique blend of punk, rock, rap and reggae, has forged a sound described as “impossible to pigeonhole”
Lyrical wit reminiscent of the classic punk poets comes mixed with an edge and urgency in the music that commands attention.
They’ve supported Labrinth, Chase & Status, Devlin, Asian Dub Foundation, 2tone legends The Beat, Dreadzone, Jerry Dammers of The Specials, headlining Night & Day in Manchester and The Jam Cafe in Nottingham and receiving rave reviews for their energetic and dance floor filling live and acoustic sets.
Formed by lyricist Alex Blood (whose solo career includes collaborations with international artists Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse, as well as touring the UK with Jay-Z).
“This isn’t empty lifestyle prattle; Alex Blood is a masterful lyricist with a political edge and a story worth listening to.” – Whats The Ruckus
“The energy as well is crazy, but it’s mesmerising. I missed him going onto the stage and as I made my way up from the green room, you walk past the side of the stage… well I just stood there in complete awe” – Alternative Student Guide MCRDIA
Dia is an upcoming powerful electro-pop-artist. Her music is an upbeat mix of electro-edge-pop with a Scandinavian coolness and Japanese quirkiness to it. All music is written, produced and performed by the artist herself. DIA is inspired by artists such as MIA, Outkast, Dizzee Rascal, the Knife and Grimes. Her live performance is strong, vigurous and unique.
“It’s great – modern, cool, catchy and original”
– David Balfe; founder of Food record label, former general manager at Sony Music
“It’s inventive, has personality, the song is intriguing and pushes the edges a bit”
– Allen Jacobs; former music publisher at EMI, Peer, Sony/ATV, Stage Three and Fairwood MusicTOM JARVIS
In 2010, after moving to Chester. Cambridge-born Singer/Songwriter Tom Jarvis made the conscious decision that music was going to be the driving force of his life up North.
In 2012 he released his debut EP ‘Make your own luck’ which was an iTunes chart success. He’s performed at Beachbreak Live and The Beatherder Festival in 2013 and more recently completed a two week UK University tour playing 26 colleges. His support sets include John Newman, Example, Scouting for Girls,and Australian Singer/Songwriter Stu Larsen. Summer 2013 Tom’s second EP release ‘Dream life’ gained huge support from BBC Introducing.KIWI
Her quirky and hauntingly beautiful vocals, reminiscent of Björk, Kate Bush, Saint Saviour, Annie Lennox and Fever Ray, have found their groove in collaboration with multi-instrumentalist producer Maxime Raguideau-Obadia. Having already performed at Shepherds Bush Empire and Bush Hall, the State of Alert EP is Kiwi’s first journey into recorded music.
“Dramatic and emotive.”
– Listen With Monger
“A unique artist where genres meet and are distilled into something new.”
– Steve Cole, Expansion Records
The prodigal son returns! After many weeks off (about 5 actually) I finally got the show back up and running. I selected my usual mix of eclectic independent music from around the web and around the world. I hope you enjoy it and with any luck normal service can now be resumed. Thank you for you patience.
Thanks to everyone from who has supported the show via Paypal and Flattr. It makes a big difference and I appreciate it.Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook and “Plus” us on Google+ Next Live Show: Sunday November 9th @ 9pm UK
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Association Of Music Podcasting:Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting. Check out all the other great member shows.
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
H.S.K.T. is a new song from the debut 2014 album by Durham, North Carolina’s SYLVAN ESSO, a duo comprised of vocalist Amelia Meath and electronic artist Nick Sanborn who you may recognize from their other projects Megafaun (Sanborn) and Mountain Man (Meath).
The group’s official debut was the earlier double A-side 12” Hey Mami / Play It Right (16 Jul 2013), featuring a capella and instrumental versions of each song.
Also, be sure to check out the latest excellent video for “Dreamy Bruises” which we’ve embedded below. Upcoming tourdates throughout the US are listed at the following links.Download H.S.K.T. HypeMachine
The Safes are from Chicago, and are three brothers, Patrick, Frankie & Michael O’Malley. Today’s Dose is from their album Record Heat.
Idiosyncratic Transmissions is a member of the Association of Music Podcasting.
Hosted this week by Chris from Canada of Insomnia Radio: Canada
1. Paper Lights – The Cave (Atlanta, E.U.A.)
2. Stone Cold Fox- January (Brooklyn, E.U.A.)
3. Arkells – Come to Light (Hamilton, Canadá)
Comprar: Dine Alone Records
4. Lydia Loveless – To Love Somebody (Columbus, E.U.A.)
Comprar: Bloodshot Records
5. O Abominável - Enteléquia (Porto, Portugal) [artista do mês de Outubro]
6. Ark Life - Proud of Me Out There Mama (Denver, E.U.A.) [artista do mês de Outubro]
Comprar: Greater Than Collective
7. Uni_Form – Shadows (Lisboa, Portugal)Comprar: Loja oficial
Cowboy Cantor, a excelência da música independente.
His third EP (our of 4) ‘Looks Kinda Lunar’ was released in January 2014 with another shift in style and change of house from previous offerings. Gudjohr interestingly moved toward an electronic sound with his usual guitars and bass backbone replaced by synths, xylophones and effected samples.
A lot of excellent free tracks can be downloaded from his official Soundcloud site below, or alternatively at Bandcamp under the name-your-price model.Download Djuke Box HypeMachine
Episode number 116 of Insomnia Radio: UK
Stuart back at the controls. Eight tracks from UK Artists
Recording Date: Saturday 25 October 2014
Rating: Work Safe
- Rivertairs – Jack
Manchester | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
- Jungle Doctors – The Sea and the Rain
London | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter | SoundCloud | BandCamp
- Dumb Angel – Salvation
Gillingham | Facebook | SoundCloud
- Little Lapin – Magnet Eyes
Bristol | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter | SoundCloud | BandCamp
- The Art of Amputation – Californian English
London | Facebook | Twitter | SoundCloud
- Park Planet – All You Need
Paisley | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter | SoundCloud
- Allusondrugs – I Should Have Gone To Uni
West Yorkshire | Facebook | Twitter | SoundCloud
- Maxim – 808
Essex | Facebook | SoundCloud
Sheffield based five piece Such Sights recently released their debut EP ‘Where Hell Begins’, which you will love if you are into alternative rock, pop punk and metal and influencing bands such as Taking Back Sunday, The Bled and Comeback Kid.
We’ve also been informed you can also stream the latest single, ‘Seeing Is Believing’ through their Soundcloud link below, so definitely take a listen and pick up the rest of this excellent EP and the new single over at iTunes.
[via Ambicon Records]Download Crooked Houses HypeMachine
This week on The Bugcast: lots of news, lots of tech, lots of clocks, and we play 8 great tracks of independent and Creative Commons music!Songs played
- Final Round – Spark – from Beach Park, IL – source
- Ocean Jet – Echoes – from K City, Russia – source
- Julia Haltigan – All I Can Think Of Is You – from New York, NY – source
- DeathBoy – So I Said You Died (No Words) – from London, UK – source
- The Way I Am – The Way I Am – from Paris, France – source
- Iced Blade – Chiru Hana (ft. Lily-An) – from Los Angeles, CA – source
- A Is For Atom – Bombs Away – from Brooklyn, NY – source
- Echovolt – I Get The Point – from Chiclana de la Frontera, Spain – source
The Guardian – Doctor with Ebola, travelled before being quarantined
BBC News – The Queen sends her first tweet
BBC News – Google offers new email app dubbed Inbox
Reuters – Two dead, four wounded after student opens fire at Washington state school
The Verge – Deezer buys podcast app Stitcher
Clocks go back in Europe this weekend!
⅔ of the way through the show year… time to think about episode 350!
Please leave us feedback on the music or any of the topics that we’ve discussedPodcasts mentioned
The next live show will be episode 333 – a Halloween special – which will be broadcast live in the chatroom on Friday 31 October 2014 at 21:30 UK time (BST/UTC+1).Special thanks go to
The artists for allowing us to play their music.
Everyone who joined us in the chat room for the live broadcast of this show.
Internet Archive for hosting the podcast files
Ubuntu UK Podcast for the use of their Icecast server
Euterpia Radio for the use of their Shoutcast server
World Wide Indie Radio for relaying the live stream on their own service
Love Leeds Radio for replaying the show on their station
This week, we feature several tracks from “Offline Vol. 1″, a brand new Sine Music compilation, as well as some new singles from lounge favorites Submotion Orchestra and Alice Russell. I’m looking forward to taking some of these tunes with me to Philadelphia in a few weeks.
Oh, did I mention that? I’m DJing in Philadelphia next month! You can hear me do live sets at the Gallerie Isada on November 14 and 15 as part of DJX Weekend. Click here for more details. (If you haven’t heard any of my live sets, check out my Mixcloud page.)
Playlist for Dave’s Lounge #296:
- Submotion Orchestra, “Trust / Lust” Buy from: iTunes
- Alice Russell, “I’m The Man That Will Find You” Buy from: iTunes
- Marina Quaisse, “8th of July” Buy from: iTunes
- Van, “Among Cars” Buy from: iTunes
- Tim Angrave, “Faith in You (Five Seasons Confidence Remix)” Buy from: iTunes
- Pensees, “Existence” Buy from: iTunes
- Merge Of Equals feat. Sine, “Weil Er Da Ist” Buy from: iTunes
- Rising Appalachia, “Caminando (The Human Experience Remix)” Buy from: Bandcamp
- Clelia Felix, “When You Come Home” Buy from: iTunes
- Salt Of The Sound, “I’ll Meet You Where You Are” Buy from: iTunes
- JES, Cold Blue & Dennis Sheperd, “Runaway (Zetandel Blue Mix)” Buy from: iTunes
- Steve Kilbey & Martin Kennedy, “Lorelei” Buy from: iTunes
Don’t forget to tell me your favorite song from this week’s show in the comments below!
Take your place to chill on the go with the Dave’s Lounge App, which gives you to streaming access all the latest episodes of Dave’s Lounge, plus bonus mixes not available in the podcast, for only $1.99. The Dave’s Lounge App is now available for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Windows 8.
Enjoy the show!
Salvation is the latest single from Dumb Angel, from Gillingham, Kent in the UK.
They are made up of four sisters: Shelley Lynch (vocals), Sheena Lynch (bass), Sian Lynch (rhythm guitar) and Sharon Lynch (lead guitar) with their friend Brandon Lane (drums).
Look at that view! That’s the view from my new office window. Pretty nice… I mean, aside from the tops of the buildings. You can see Calton Hill and everything.
I am, however, pretty wiped tonight. Mainly because the last few days have involved carrying lots of boxes and computer equipment upstairs from our old ground floor office to the new one somewhere up in the roof. Anyway, the view is nice.
Listeners to last week’s podcast will be pleased to hear that Edinburgh Man Junior has made a full recovery from his recent illness, however Edinburgh Man Senior is really missing those 1-2 hour naps that came with being unwell.
Right, let’s get down to it. It’s a bit of a power-pop-punk-pop-indie-rock fueled podcast tonight. Excellent.
1. Away Game – “Call Me Up (Just to Bring Me Down)” (Played courtesy of Away Game)
2. The Planes – “Catch You” (Played courtesy of The Planes)
3. Schwervon! – “Flaming Dragonfly” (Played courtesy of Schwervon)
4. Emerald Park – “Blue” (Played courtesy of 23 seconds, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
5. joyride! – “don’t forget the first one” (Played courtesy of joyride!)
6. Gleemer – “Coast Cruiser” (Played courtesy of Gold Flake Tapes)
7. Conveyor – “Wry Thing” (Played courtesy of Conveyor)
8. Kyle Kaos – “What a Winter” (Played courtesy of Kyle Kaos, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #182
- Vreid: The Devils Hand (Norway)
- Psychostick: Bruce Campbell (from “Revenge of The Vengeance”, USA, Asher, 4th November)
- Zodiac: Swinging on The Run (from “Sonic Child”, Munster, Germany, Prosthetic Records)
- Eyes of Mara: Don’t Get Close (from “Eyes of Mara”, California, USA, Persistent Heart Records)
- Nader Sadek: Entropy Eternal (from “The Malefic: Chapter 3, USA, Clawhammer)
- Toothgrinder: Vibration (from “Vibration/Colour/Frequency”, New Jersey, USA)
- Confessions of a Traitor: Where Horizons Meet (from “Seasons”, London UK)
- Cleaver: Searching for Tragedy (from “Leur Sauvage Pousée”, Italy 2010)
- Evil Scarecrow: Crabulon (from “Galactic Hunt”, UK)
- Frostlagte Måne: The Silence of Noreg Skog (from “Summoning Blizzard”, Moscow, Russia)
- Echovolt: Blow Us Away (from “Odds on the Underdog”, Spain)
- BornBroken: Watch The World Unwind (Single Release, Montreal, Canada, Asher)
- Monolyth: Obsolete (from “Origin”, Portugal, Alien Mosh PR)
- The New Jacobin Club: The Treason (from “This Treason”, Canada)
- Phosphene: Let You Go (Chicago, USA)
- Kyng: Electric Halo (from “Burn the Serum”, UK)
- A Higher Demise: Here We Go Again (from “The Doctor Will See you now”, Bromley, UK)
- Spawning Abhorrence: Bleed the Unbelievers (from “The Cursed Earth”, Leeds, UK)
- Hybrid Circle: Trial of Trust (Colony of Salavation)(from “A Matter of Faith”, Italy)
- Privitas: Queen Nothing (from “Queen Nothing”, Leeds, UK)
- Karkaos: Leap of Faith (from “Empire”, Montreal, Canada, Asher)
- Shiran: Warm Winter Day (from “Warm Winter Day”, Israel, Clawhammer)
- Blind Race: Gone (from “Come and Get It”, Toronto, Canada, Asher)
- Dystopic: Universe (from “Dystopic”, Australia)