Yes, it has been a while but I am back and explain everything in this weeks episode as well as play tracks by Steve Lawrence - Sinking Ship, The Infatuations – Tonight We Celebrate, Dan Whitehouse – My Heart Doesn’t Age, Coast - The Caller, Lucy Kitchen – Stolen Crown, The Fierce and the Dead – On VHS, Anna Neale – Riverman, Bela Takes Chase – Radiate
Click some links and I’ll speak to you next week ok?
Episode number 108 of Insomnia Radio: UK
Ro at the controls for a second time
Recording Date: Sunday 29 June 2014
Rating: Work Safe (probably)
- Jordan Reyne: Dear John
London | Web Site
- Core of Io: Wishing I had Time
South Coast | Web Site
- Collisions: Believe In This [Mirrored Theory Remix]
Brighton | Facebook
- Syd Arthur: Hometown Blues
Canterbury | Web Site
- Panic Room: Velocity
London | Web Site
- Last Lungs: Bricks
Preston | Facebook
Poppy Brothers is an American electropop duo consisting of vocalist James Tillman and producer Matthew Taylor.
Today’s Dose New World Record is a single from their new album Sour Fruit, available now from iTunes.
Check out the video for Born Again too (below).
This week’s music has been provided by the artists. The theme song is provided by Dan at DanOSongs.com.
Idiosyncratic Transmissions is a member of the Association of Music Podcast. For more great music podcasts go to musicpodcasting.org.
Hosted this week by Ro of DarkCompass
“It’s not a concept album or anything,” Los Angeles-based musician and painter Faris McReynolds says of The Sea, his latest album as the one-man band, One Finger Riot. “But there’s definitely a Side One and a Side Two, because the first half is angst, and the second half is acceptance,” he explains of the record, arriving July 22nd. [via Postplanetary]
Hosted by Stuart Morrison of Insomnia Radio UK
Carousels & Limousines – Superman Bath http://www.carouselsandlimousines.com https://www.facebook.com/carouselslimousines http://twitter.com/carouselslims
The Len Price 3 – Swing Like A Monkey Medway http://www.thelenprice3.co.uk https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Len-Price-3/100847641702 https://twitter.com/thelenprice3
Leo Stannard – Eliza Leicester http://www.soundcloud.com/leostannard https://www.facebook.com/leostannardmusic http://twitter.com/leostannard
Down The Machine – Null & Void Leeds http://www.facebook.com/DownTheMachineOfficialFB http://www.twitter.com/downthemachine
Mano’s Daughter – What’s a Girl Supposed [...]
1. Goodman – Isn’t It Sad (Nova Iorque, E.U.A.)
2. Will Phalen – The Saw Song (Chicago, E.U.A.)
3. Patrick Joseph – Piece Of Your Love (Pittsburgh, E.U.A.)
Mp3 grátis: Noisetrade
4. Brad Mackeson – Rooftop (Portland, E.U.A.)
5. Goldwing – Heavy Love (Atlanta, E.U.A.)
6. Red Insect Go – By n By (Porto, Portugal)
7. Golden Gardens –Carmilla (Seattle, E.U.A.)
The collaborative project has apparently existed for over two years, during which time Cola Koala released two mini-albums and two singles, and according to translations has recorded a song with American chillwave artist Blackbird Blackbird.
Check out more new tracks that are being featured via his Soundcloud site below, as well as via the Xuman Records site here.Download My Soul (feat. Ilary) HypeMachine
This week on The Bugcast: Tech, radio, tablets, and we play 8 cracking tracks of independent and Creative Commons music!Songs played
- Sickbag – Kilka Prawd – from Tomaszów Mazowiecki, Poland – source
- Woodnotes – Everlasting – from Traunstein, Germany – source
- Final Round – Nottingham – from Beach Park, IL – source
- Nobody – The Same Song – from Osnabruck, Germany – source
- Leslie DiNicola – Shaky Wire – from New York, NY – source
- Gert Breitenkamp – Can’t Find The Flow – from Copenhagen, Denmark – source
- Soundstatues – Fade – from New York, NY – source
- Fairy Tales In Yoghourt – Shocky Toppy/Visions Of Emily Bronte – from Nantes, France – source
New tech at Bugcast Towers
Sine FM – Interview Care and Support Radio Network
Caroline has been reviewing different tablets
Lejo Harmeson giveaway – we announce the winner of the CD
Please leave us feedback on the music or any of the topics that we’ve discussedUpcoming events
The next live show will be episode 320, which will be broadcast live in the chatroom on Friday 4 July 2014 from 21:00 (ish) UK time (UTC+1/BST).Special thanks go to
The artists for allowing us to play their music.
Everyone who joined us in the chat room for the live broadcast of this show.
Internet Archive for hosting the podcast files
Ubuntu UK Podcast for the use of their Icecast server
Euterpia Radio for the use of their Shoutcast server
World Wide Indie Radio for relaying the live stream on their own service
Love Leeds Radio for replaying the show on their station
After a few days delay Rathole Radio 128 is finally upon us. I recording this on Friday June 27th instead of Sunday 22nd as intended. What can I say, life is what happens while you’re making other plans. Nevertheless I’m back with another hour of the best eclectic independent music from around the web and around the world. I hope you enjoy it!
Things I never knew about Louis Lingg – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Lingg
19:32 – Jazzatron Breaknerdz – Isteria – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed
41:17 – T-Bird & The Breaks – Fuck It Up – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed
64:02 – Maverick – Maverick – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed
Big thanks to everyone who has supported the show via Paypal, plus all the people who continue to give their support via Flattr. I couldn’t do it without you. Your contributions help keep the server and CDN up and the show reaching listeners.Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook and “Plus” us on Google+ Next Live Show: Sunday July 6th @ 9pm
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Subscribe to the show and get it delivered for free: Mp3 feed – Ogg Feed – iTunes Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Association Of Music Podcasting:Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting. Check out all the other great member shows.
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Moving Castles from Austin TX recentlyly released I’m A Fever, the first track from their full-length follow-up to their 2011 EP Twin Daggers.
They say on their web site: “Our new album is already recorded and is currently being mixed by our good friend John from New York. We spent the first half of 2014 bouncing between our houses in Austin and some friend’s houses in East Texas tracking the album with the help of Trevor Tull, who also did production and engineering on Twin Daggers. We were listening to Quadrophenia by The Who, London Calling by The Clash, Diamond Dogs by David Bowie and the newest Midlake album while making our record. It is big, loud and heartfelt. We are very proud of it and we will have plenty of details to share soon.”
Fully recovered from Podcrawl. That was fun. Archives are almost here, and music submissions from listeners, I’d like more of that. Featuring:
- Royal Blood: Come on Over (Brighton, UK)
- Psychostick: It’s Just a Movie, Stupid (Arizona, USA) MERCH OFFER found by Insane Star
- English Dogs: Down with The Underdogs (UK, Candlelight)
- Party Cannon: Duct-Tape to a Flag Pole (Dunfermline, Scotland)
- Cold Colours: From This Pain (Minneapolis, USA, Clawhammer)
- On Top: Bad Love (USA)
- Expain: Don’t Worry, The Worst is Yet to Come (Vancouver, Canada, Asher)
- Ending Quest: Black Death (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Deathwhite: When I (Wasn’t) You (Clawhammer)
- Serdce: Unique Path (Minsk, Belarus)
- Deus Otiosus: Rising War (Copenhagen, Denmark, Deepsend, Clawhammer)
- Invidiom: Metamorphosis (London, UK)
- Shards of Humanity: Fractured Frequencies (Tennessee, USA, Unspeakable Records, Clawhammer)
- Algebra: Survival Nowadays (Switzerland, Unspeakable Records, Clawhammer)
- Definitely A First: Daydreamer (USA, Imminence Records, Persistent Heart)
- Undying Inc: Aggressive World Dynasty (Delhi, India)
- The Sun Explodes: SevenThreeOne (Carlisle, UK)
- Such Sights: Crooked Houses (Sheffield, UK)
- Repaid in Blood: Waste of Time (San Jose, CA, USA, Music Submit)
- Joffel Project: She Builds Quick Machines (Helsinki, Finland)
- The Ghosts of Vegas: Dead Man (Illinois, USA)
- The Dead Daisies: Your Karma (USA, Tijuana Gift Shop)
- So Hideous: Glory (NY, USA, Clawhammer)
The second of two podcasts recorded in Toronto, featuring an all Torontonian playlist, and more rambling chat from the palatial waterfront Airbnb condo that is the Edinburgh Man family home for the last two weeks.
Edinburgh Man Junior is improving, and we even managed to do touristy things for the last few days. We went up the CN Tower and Edinburgh Man Junior was fascinated by the glass floor. Something that most of the adult visitors seemed to be a bit freaked out about. Or maybe they were just freaked about by his Chickenpox scabs. Don’t worry – we did get the okay from a Doctor that he was no longer contagious.
1. Soupcans – “Parasite Brain” (Played courtesy of Soupcans, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
2. LavENDER – “Not Taking Care of You” (Played courtesy of LavENDER, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
3. Psyche Tongues – “Pale Blue Light” (Played courtesy of Psyche Tongues, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
4. Scattered Bodies – “Mindanao Deep” (Played courtesy of Scattered Bodies, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
5. bluecougars – “27 degrees” (Played courtesy of bluecougars, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
6. Caela Butt – “Highway Lines (Any Other Way)” (Played courtesy of Caela Butt, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
7. Delta Will – “It All Glows” (Played courtesy of Delta Will, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
8. Pierre MassÃ© – “Steadfast, Resolute” (Played courtesy of Pierre Massé, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
9. Labour Day – “Strange Things” (Played courtesy of Labour Day, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #171
The debut album ‘Honcho Dreams‘ from San Francisco’s BE CALM HONCHO just released on Crossbill Records on June 24th, the effort being recorded at The Panoramic House this past August, 2013. The Bay area based group will be celebrating the debut LP with a release show in San Francisco on 7/2 at Rickshaw Stop, followed by a long tour through the Pacific North West.
We’ve embedded a new video below, another excellent track from ‘Honcho Dreams‘, called ‘I Love California‘. Be sure to check their website below for the latest dates as they come in.Download Step Out HypeMachine
Full show tonight – we had the return of Hairy Guy (Logan), Kat, Sabrina, and Wenchie!
Also played great music from Tesla and Six Weeks Sober
Well my lovelies, against al the odds I have managed to pull together some great music for this weeks episode. Some marvellous tunes from 2010 as well as a new one from me, Nick Tann – Coming home, Tom Bishel – The Feeling of Home, a special recording from Matt Stevens, Snow 3, Amaya Huntly – Regrets, The Visitors – Same Old Me, Matt TAylor – Fat Tuesday’s Blue, Menn Arsins – 12 steps to the Liquor Store, Tom Caulfield – Catholic Girls
And What was the reason behind last weeks missing show?
- Plini: Rupture (Sydney, Australia)
- Exist Immortal: Edge of Infinity (London, UK)
- Polar: Before The Storm, featuring Ellie Price (UK)
- Helmsplitter: Panzram (Illinois, USA)
- Miroist: The Closing of your Eye (London, UK)
- Patron Saint of Plagues: Teddy Scare Picnic (Ottawa, Canada, Distilled)
- Pillbuster: Hateburn (VA, USA, Distilled)
- Dark Days Ahead: North Star Blues (Finland)
- Fisthammer: Thousand Yard Stare (Pennsylvania, USA)
- Tricore: Kings
- Mach22: Radio (USA) (Pictured)
- Gunpowder Gray: Saints (USA)
- Seventh Seeker: The Waining Moon (Southampton, UK)
- An Entire Legion: Chew We Love
- Scary D and Sinister G: Witches (California, USA, Distilled)
- We Are The Damned: Angelsick (Portuagal)
- Ferium: Downhill From Nothing (Israel)
- Sabbatory: Orbiting Obscuron (Canada)
- Reverted: Tolerance (London, UK)
- Stories: Masks (Sydney, Australia)
- Kaizan: Odan (Mexico)
- Ravenous: Deathstiny (Southampton, UK, Coffee Jingle Records)
- Being As An Ocean: Death’s Great Black Wings Scrapes The Air
This week, a special as I’m away. This is what I consider the best tracks we’ve played on the show this year so far. Comment if you think otherwise.
Picture: Baby Metal
- Deaf Angel: Run to Me (USA)
- Wolves like Us: Your Word is Law (Norway, Prosthetic Music)
- Psychostick: Obey the Beard (Canada, Asher)
- Aviator Shades: Ready to Blow (Canada, Asher)
- Relief in Sleep: Witness (USA)
- Neverafter: Debt to Pay (USA)
- Klogr: Draw Closer (Italy/USA, Zeta Factory/Believe, Stampede)
- Clouds in Contrast: Allure (UK)
- Lacuna Coil: Nothing Stands (Italy)
- Step Echo: Songs for The Broken (Canada)
- Ancient Ascendent: Patterns of Bane
- Baby Metal: ギミチョコ！！(Give Me Chocolate) (Japan)
- Fake Idols: My Favorite Game (Italy, Lifeforce)
- Anup L Sastry: Nemesis (USA)
- Collisions: We Know The Enemy (UK)
- Fury: Warrior Prayer (UK)
- Methiums: Bouyanci (Indonesia)
- Cypher16: Lonely Road (UK)
- Shadow Host: Treason (Russia)
- October File: Heroes are Welcome (UK)
- Die So Fluid: Comets (UK/USA)
- Exmortus: Warrior of The Night (Canada, Asher)
- Ayahuasca: Wolves (Canada)
- Pale Divine: Cemetery Earth (USA)
- Skarlett Riot: Rock N Roll Queen (UK)
- Crashdollz: Dollhouse (USA)
- Ghost of War: We’re an American Band (USA)