How did it get to be May already? Nevermind, music is here to rescue us all. As i point out in the show, in the second half I feature some old tracks….one goes all the way back to 2008! Ahh 2008 when we were all erm… What did were we all doing in 2008?
Screamin Miss Jackson and the Slap Ya Mama Band – A Little Rub, Girls Bite Dogs ft. Nikol Kollars – My Name IS, Ginger Tom – Thought You’d Won, Mobstyle – Funkadelic, Tim Farrell – Rosewood Alley, Bubonik Funk – Position of Power, Sweet Tooth – Everybody Wants To Be In Love, Joe Wellfair – Useless Kid, Kevin Fisher – Losing You, Tom Bishel – The Feeling Of Home, Nick Tann – How Can It Be Wrong?, Matt Stevens – Snow part 3
The soul-stirring indie folk sounds of Brooklyn’s ROOKIN were first captured and placed on the self produced EP entitled Stonewall, released two short years ago in July of 2014. The band is lead by Adam Horn and Ben Naddaff-Hafrey who more recently put out a slightly longer seven-track release called the Lookout EP in September of last year. Both releases are exceptionally strong, and we wanted to start out with an introductory track from the first five-song EP to whet the palette. Enjoy and please support the artist via their links below.
RIYL: U2, My Morning Jacket, Wilco, Bon Iver, Radiohead, Sun Kil MoonAfter Dark by Rookin is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0) License After Dark HypeMachine
11 years ago, I launched a podcast in my living room. Now that it’s on the radio, I can finally play some of the music I’ve wanted to play for a while — some of the music that made me such a huge fan of trip hop and downtempo in the first place.
Sadly, I can’t distribute that music on either my podcast feed or my app. If you’d like to stream this week’s broadcast in its entirety, visit my Mixcloud page, or, through May 14, visit the Dave’s Lounge page on WHUP’s web site.
Here’s the playlist for the podcast episode, which features music from the earliest episodes of Dave’s Lounge, circa 2005:
(00:00) Dive Index, “Between Sky and Sea (feat. Natalie Walker)”
(06:44) Daughter Darling, “Broken Bridge”
(11:51) Tal M. Klein, “Don’t”
(16:12) Beauty’s Confusion, “Whirlwind”
(20:42) Shantel, “Inside”
(25:44) Danny K, “Speech”
(29:38) kikiwest, “Creeper”
(36:06) Artemis, “Supernatural”
(40:48) Bird York, “Haunting You”
(47:53) Slovo, “Whisper”
(53:05) Bent, “Sing Me”
Be sure to tune in to WHUP-LP FM 104.7 in Hillsborough, NC, every Sunday at 3:00 PM Eastern (1900 UTC) to hear the latest Dave’s Lounge live on the radio — or stream it live at: http://whupfm.org/
“I first got the idea for Terminal Cases one afternoon while watching the movie ‘Jumanji,’ Bennett recalls. I wrote a song based around it that told the story of a man revisiting his childhood home and not recognizing any of his surroundings. I decided to structure the project around the album Berlin by Lou Reed,” Bennett explains. “I had been fascinated by Berlin since I was in high school, especially the song ‘The Kids.’ [via Fanatic Promotion]
Anna Pancaldi joins us to chat about her new EP, Dear Joey and to do impressions of both Claire and myself. Spoiler alert: she does quite a good job, indeed. You’ll also hear new singles from Van Susans, rryrry and MassMatics! What more could you desire?The Playlist Title Album Artist Smokestack Lightning Rust Christopher Bell Your Story Single Mahesh Time Zone Time Zone (Single) Marchan Noelle Seagulls (Radio Edit) Seagulls Van Susans This is the Salon I want & the me culture rryrry Sucker Punch Sucker Punch The Magic Lightnin Boys Skyline Skyline – single The Rose Affair The Brink The Brink Audrey Bochsler Dandelion Love On Repeat Casi Joy Tidy My Room Why Should I Tidy My Room? Sadie Horler When She Sings Animal Fair EP Little Brother Eli For A While Momentum Edewaard See Right Through You Songs From The Mud Zachary Kibbee Interview with Anna Pancaldi Runaway Dear Joe EP Anna Pancaldi Way Out Way Out – single The Acorn People Shot in the Dark Two Legs Bad Skittish Gunning For You Gunning for you – single MassMatiks My Woman (I love nothing about you) Blindsider The Manic Shine
See you next week!
~JW and CR
- Last Frontier: Visionary Maze (from “Theta Healing”), Italy
- Black Sheep: Choices (from “The Whales of The Grey Sea”,
- Efpix: It’s Time to Die (from “Evil Sides”, Russia)
- Skinflick: GlitchPig (from “I’m pissing on you but The Fire has Long Since gone Out”, Wales)
- Ventenner: Wave (from “Distorture”, London UK)
- Mortiis: Demons are Back (Marc Uselli Remix)(Norway)
- Evil Scarecrow: Crabulon (from “Playing Dead Trees: The Acoustic Session EP”, Nottingham, UK)
- laRoque: 8000 Light Years from The Sun (from “These Kings, These Subterraneans), Montreal, Canada
- Fear of Domination: Colossus (from “Atlas”, Finland)
- Suzerain: Good Day (from “Identity”, London, UK)
Episode number 152 of Insomnia Radio: UK
Ro at the controls again. Ten tracks from UK Artists
Release Date: Sunday 01 May 2016
Rating: Work Safe
- Two Skies – When the Storm Hits
Not known | Web Site
- Tom Block – 10101
London | Web Site
- The Marivaux – Birds and The Bees
Manchester | Facebook
- Sykoya – Shiver
- Feral Love – Live The Wind
Liverpool | Facebook
- The Frayed Laces – Monsters
London | Web Site
- The Gospel Youth – DST
Brighton | BandCamp
- When Our Time Comes – Impending
London | Facebook
- This Party – Taste
Brighton | Web Site
- Wendy James – Bad Intentions & a bit of Cruelty
NYC via London | Web Site
- AMP – The Association of Music Podcasting
- Made in the UK Show
- Intro music by Blame Amy
- Music bed by Time in Antarctica
I Will Peel You Open is one of the singles from Slippertails’ album, There’s A Disturbing Trend, available in digital formats via Fleeting Youth Records and via vinyl from Big Tomato Records as of this past year.
The visceral single featured here today looks to have originally released in 2014, a beautiful sludge-filled dive into the New Jersey band’s sound and a perfect introduction to their nine song LP.I Will Peel You Open HypeMachine
Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight 147
To play click the player above or right click Spotlight 147 to download for free.
2. Roxanne De Bastion – Wasteland
3. Nick Ellis – The Grand Illusion
4. Vanessa Murray – Thanks To You
5. Dominic Dunn – Bury Your Head
Hosted by: Stuart Todd (Three Minute Hero)
If you get the chance, please support your local artists by joining their mailing lists, liking their facebook pages, following them on twitter, leaving them comments, going to their gigs, and buying their music direct from them where possible. The Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight is produced and presented by Graham Holland and Stuart Todd on behalf of the Liverpool Acoustic website, and is a proud member of the Association of Music Podcasting. The theme music alternates between King of the Faeries by Andrew Ellis from his CD Midnight On The Water, and Solid Ground by Neil Campbell.
London, UK pun-loving, emo, power-pop band Sad Blood were formed by drummer Daniel Goldberg and guitarist, vocalist and songwriter George Phillips in the Summer of 2014.
Described by promoters Vested Interest as “saccharine sweet indie-rock that possess all the hooks” Sad Blood are set to grab you by the heartstrings.
Music provided by the artists. Theme song provided by Dan at DanOSongs.com.
Idiosyncratic Transmissions is a member of the Association of Music Podcasting.
Hosted this week by Nick Tann of Is This Thing On Podcast
The Evening Shades
Jeff Lehman's City Lights Band
Ships Have Sailed
My thanks goes to all of the artists for their generous music contributions, and to Andrea Lynch of Blue Soap Music PR and Plugging and Dave Porter of Music Clout for providing some of the talent and tracks for the show.
More thanks goes to Troy Warden for his great intro.
At JogTunes.com, you'll find purchase links to all of the tunes from all of our podcast episodes as well as over 3000 BPM-rated workout tunes from label and indie artists.
Enjoy the show and may your next run be your best one.
Please note: You should consult with your doctor before starting any exercise program. Neither JogTunes nor Dr. Bob will be liable for any complications, injuries, loss or other medical problems arising from or in connection with using this service. Also, please note that "BPM" refers to the tempo of a tune and the number of foot falls per minute, not your heart rate.
With influences ranging from Pink Floyd to The Stooges, Psycho Comedy’s sound combines elements of experimental and dreamy progressive punk, and whilst fairly minimal in hooks, the band remain firm in their message with unapologetic and dark urban, social and humorous lyrics.
Produced by Gil Norton, (Pixies, Foo Fighters), Psycho Comedy’s One is released on 3rd June via Playing With Sound and will be available to purchase on iTunes and Spotify. [via Super Cat PR]
1. Adam Busch – Mother (Austin, E.U.A)
2. Devin Balram – Brilliant (Cleveland, E.U.A.)
3. Girl Meets Bear – Lit Up (Toronto, Canadá) [artista do mês de Abril]
4. Mind Spiders – No Filter (Forth Worth, E.U.A.) [artista do mês de Maio]
5. Snuff Redux – Stop the Judge (Seattle, E.U.A.)
6. The Honeydogs – Devices (Minneapolis, U.E.A.)
7. Peder – Candyman (com Coco) (Copenhaga, Dinamarca)
Cowboy Cantor, a excelência da música independente.Facebook, TuneIn, Twitter
Euterpia Radio est de retour ! Enfin presque, disons qu’un événement important se passe aujourd’hui, alors j’en ai profité pour enregistrer un nouvel épisode, un « one shot ».
En revanche, ce qui est certain, c’est que le retour régulier d’Euterpia Radio est prévu pour la fin de l’année, dès que la nouvelle maison sera construite et que nous aurons déménagé !
Alors quel est cet évènement qui m’a fait sortir de mon trou ? Et bien c’est le lancement, ce dimanche, d’un nouveau réseau de podcast, The Other Side Podcast Network, un projet qui réunit The Bugcast, Open Country, TuxJam, Crivins, CC Jam et Euterpia Radio. Et nous pouvons dors et déjà vous annoncer que de nouveaux membres vont bientôt nous rejoindre, mais je vous en reparlerai plus tard.
En attendant, voici la liste des artistes présents cette semaine sur Euterpia Radio, et rendez-vous au plus tard à la fin de l’année, mais je ferais sans doute un ou deux épisodes d’ici là. Bon dimanche !
- Kevin Bourgey – A chacun sa peine (C’est ma vie, 2014)
- Josh Woodward – Too Many Valleys (Addressed to the Stars, 2016)
- Deep Down Inside – Bad Kind (Feather and Stone, 2016)
- Fullkimo – Par tous les temps (Par tous les temps, 2016)
- Shaun Murphy – Hey Baby Don’t You Remember Me (It Won’t Stop Raining, 2016)
- Luck – Le Choix (Aux 4 vents, 2015)
- Azul – Sous la surface (aZul, 2016)
- Jack Michael’s Band – What You Drinkin’ About (Jack Michael, 2015)
- Bobby Blue – Top Of The World (Getting High [Explicit], 2015)
- Les Humeurs cérébrales – Oyez, oyez ! (Terroir-caisse, 2014)
Sources : Jamendo, mail.
Introduction et fermeture musicale : Josh Woodward, Cheapskate Romantic Ecouter aussi :
Coming together to make music in 2012, inspired three-piece Unique comme tout le monde [Unique like everyone else], make stripped down and exciting indie-folk flavored music in the Laurentides region of Quebec. The beautiful track featured here today, Le voilier en papier mâché [The Paper Mache Sailboat] comes from what appears to be their self-titled creative commons released three song EP debut that they put out February 6th.
They also have released Nuit de février [February Night], a weather-centric single which came out at the very end of that month on Leap Year Day. All are available via the Bandcamp link below.
[tip via ziklibrenbib]Le voilier en papier mâché by Unique comme tout le monde is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)
License Le voilier en papier mâché HypeMachine
This week on The Bugcast: we talk live with Kevie, Lainey, and Yannick about podcasting and Podcrawl, plus our usual mix of 8 amazing Creative Commons and independent tracks!Songs played
- After The Rain – Set Me Free (Entwurf) – from Germany – source
- LukHash – The Other Side – from Poland – source
- Hemmingbirds – Resolutions – from Chicago, IL – source
- The Dada Weatherman – Flying On A Cloud – from France – source
- With Eve – All We Need – from Kazakstan? – source
- Matti Paalanen – Clouds Fly As I Smile – from Finland – source
- Heartskin – Ocean – from Russia – source
- Highway 50 – The Easy Way Out – from Boulder, CO – source
Lainey and Yannick on last week’s show
Open Country – a new country podcast – launches Sunday 1 May 2016
Kevie on Glasgow Podcrawl – Friday 29 July 2016, at The State Bar, Holland Street, Glasgow from 18:00
Otherside Network – a new podcast network – launches Sunday 1 May 2016
Stage 2 of the Tour De Yorkshire passes through Conisbrough on Saturday 30 April
People’s Choice Podcast Awards 2016 – nominations close Saturday 30 April 2016
- Please leave us feedback on the music or any of the topics that we’ve discussed.
- The next live show will be episode 408, broadcast live in the chatroom on Friday 6 May 2016 at 21:30 UK time (BST/GDT/UTC+1).
- Join us during the week on our Telegram group chat – click here to join (you’ll need a Telegram account)
- People’s Choice Podcast Awards 2016 – nominations open until Saturday 30 April – please nominate The Bugcast!
The artists for allowing us to play their music.
Everyone who joined us in the chat room for the live broadcast of this show.
Internet Archive for hosting the media files
Ubuntu Podcast for the use of their Icecast server
Euterpia Radio for the use of their Shoutcast server
World Wide Indie Radio for relaying the live stream on their own service