Wanna see me show off my budding live DJ skills this weekend? I’m doing two one-hour sets this weekend as part of Tobacco Road Blues Exchange in Durham, North Carolina. The sets will be mostly downtempo and designed mostly for partner dancing, since that’s what the exchange itself is about, but I’ll have plenty of fun stuff people who just want to stop by and listen, too.
My sets will be at the Friday late night dance at 12:30 AM and the Saturday late night dance at 1:30 AM. Click on those links for details. My Saturday night set will feature several remixes I’ve done, including one that’s never been played before anywhere. (And not to brag or anything, but it turned out really good.)
If you’d like a taste of the sort of stuff I do when I DJ live, check out these sets from events I played last year:
And yes, I’m hoping to be back in Philadelphia in November to spin some tunes at the next DJX Weekend. Follow me on Twitter to find out when that’s happening.
The band plans on getting together to play the songs for the first time live in California in the fall of 2015. In the meantime, they’ve already begun the process of recording their second record, in the same manner as the first, with Bree recording melodies and demos on her phone in California, while Dylan, Marc, and Guy work on the lyrics and music back East. It might not be the simplest way to do things, but the music is magical, and it works for Cape Snow.
Music for this week’s show has been provided by the artists. Theme song provided by Dan at DanOSongs.com.
Idiosyncratic Transmissions is a member of the Association of Music Podcasting.
Episode number 135 of Insomnia Radio: UK
Stuart at the controls again. Ten tracks from UK Artists, all of which have been previously played on the Daily Dose, so are available to download for free. Download links in the notes below.
Recording Date: 02 August 2015
Rating: Work Safe
- Room1fourteen – Out There – Download
Zurich/London | Facebook | Twitter | BandCamp
- Field Studies – Blomst – Download
Nottingham | Facebook | Twitter | BandCamp | SoundCloud
- Flash Bang Band – Spooky Action at a Distance – Download
Brighton | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter | BandCamp | SoundCloud
- Matthew and Me – Patterns (David Rowntree Remix) – Download
Devon | Facebook | Twitter | SoundCloud
- Victory Kicks – No Great Shakes – Download
London | Facebook | Twitter | BandCamp | SoundCloud
- Tiny Cuts – Again – Download
South Wales | Facebook | Twitter | SoundCloud | Amazing Tunes
- Alex Stephens – A Different Sky to Yours – Download
North Wales | Facebook | BandCamp | SoundCloud
- Urvanovic – Warrens – Download
Edinburgh | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter | SoundCloud
- Robbie Flanagan – The City Who Forgot – Download
Aberdeen | Facebook | Twitter | BandCamp |
- Super Magic Hats – This Last Week – Download
London | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter | BandCamp | SoundCloud
Sightlines is Toronto artist Steve Benjamins 3rd EP in just over two years. Like all his previous EPs, Benjamins plays almost all of the instruments (piano, guitar, synths, drums, bass) and is the sole songwriter. The album was released not too long ago on May 15th with the first two singles released in April, namely ‘We Used to Live’, followed up by ‘Sightlines’.
We gravitated toward another downtempo indie pop song on the album, the beautiful and poignant, Steamroller. We feel that this is one of the best that showcases his range and thought it would make a great introduction here on the Daily Dose. We do recommend you check out the rest of this new EP as well as some of his past efforts at the Soundcloud link below, especially if you like music in the vein of those artists listed as follows:
For Fans of: Bon Iver, Patrick Watson, James Vincent McMorrow, Mutual Benefit, Sufjan Stevens.
[via IMP]Steamroller HypeMachine
‘Antonio Banderas’ is the follow up to Forever Cult’s Winter’s Glow. Following BBC Introducing support, appearances at Leeds & Reading Festival, Tramlines, Live at Leeds, Long Division & shows alongside the likes of Demob Happy, JAWS, Allusondrugs, Eagulls, Brawlers, Spring King and DZ Deathrays, the band had hit the road with a flurry of tourdates in July for their second UK tour this year.
‘Antonio Banderas’ was released courtesy of Clue Records this past month on the 6th of July.
FOR FANS OF: Drenge, Demob Happy, Menace Beach, Wytches, Eagulls, Spring King.Antonio Banderas HypeMachine
The 119th episode of the JTIP in an interval session of mostly rock. There are 2 interval segments at 183 BPM. The BPM range is 110-183. If the interval segments are too fast for you, change your pace or shorten your stride. The main thing is to run safe.
The New Position
J. Jaffe & the Dark Room Band"
More thanks goes to Troy Warden for his great intro.
At JogTunes.com, you'll find purchase links to all of the tunes from all of our podcast episodes as well as over 2500 BPM-rated workout tunes from label and indie artists.
And don't forget our JogTunes App in the iTunes App Store and Google Play. It's a really fast and easy way to work out to the JTIP and to get new free episodes. A couple of taps on the app and you're off and running. I love the convenience when I work out to the show. I think you will too.
Check out our JogTunes video podcasts channel for working out on a treadmill to great indie music.
Enjoy the show and may your next run be your best one.
Please note: You should consult with your doctor before starting any exercise program. Neither JogTunes nor Dr. Bob will be liable for any complications, injuries, loss or other medical problems arising from or in connection with using this service. Also, please note that "BPM" refers to the tempo of a tune and the number of foot falls per minute, not your heart rate.
This week on The Bugcast: encrypted conversations, misheard lyrics, and 8 great tracks of Creative Commons and independent music!Songs played
- Bryan Art – Knowledge Is The Power (One Drop Mix) – from Kingston, Jamaica – source
- Nicole-Marie – If You’re In Heaven – from Kent, WA – source
- Color Out – Anything But Everything – from Chicago, IL – source
- aliveway – Stars – from Vilnius, Lithuania – source
- Lake Of Kings – Lotus – from Reading, UK – direct from Hubbub UK
- Skyler Young – Touch The Sky – from Toledo, Belize – source
- The Way I Am – Underground Memories – from Paris, France – source
- Four – Youth – from Merano, Italy – source
- Thank you for your support in the UK Podcasters Awards 2015
- London Podcrawl 2015 will be on Saturday 12 September – Facebook Event
- Please leave us feedback on the music or any of the topics that we’ve discussed.
- The next live show will be episode 371, broadcast live in the chatroom on Friday 7 August 2015 at 21:30 UK time (BST/UTC+1).
The artists for allowing us to play their music.
Everyone who joined us in the chat room for the live broadcast of this show.
Internet Archive for hosting the media files
Ubuntu Podcast for the use of their Icecast server
Euterpia Radio for the use of their Shoutcast server
World Wide Indie Radio for relaying the live stream on their own service
Hello my lovelies, this week my playlist looks like this Lake of Kings – Locus, The Fierce and the Dead – Magnet in your Face, The Sun and the Stars – Shimmering Light, Foxthroat – Reason to Survive, Vernon’s Friends – Chasing Rainbows , Nick Tann – Love Lies
Have a click about, you might get lucky!
Do you like free music? Of course, you do, and this week’s show is for you. All the music in this set comes from a new free compilation called Sine Music Collection I. To get this compilation, all you have to do is sign up for Sine Music’s mailing list at Sine-Music.de, and they’ll send you the download link.
Connecting with people, and giving them a reason to buy. This is what music should be about, and the labels that understand that are the ones that we should support.
Playlist for Dave’s Lounge #313:
- (00:17) Sine, “Wolke7″ (Background music)
- (01:38) Boot Cut Rockers, “Your Love”
- (06:55) Setsuna, “Ether”
- (13:08) Klangstein, “One”
- (18:17) Electrix, “Spicy Sand”
- (23:34) Polished Chrome, “Mala”
- (29:05) Gold Lounge, “Only a Dream”
- (34:19) Soulcraft, “The Change”
- (39:18) Tauon, “Burgeon (Short Version)”
- (42:19) Glint, “A Fleeting Glance”
- (47:39) Normandie, “Beach”
- (53:54) Evadez, “Chapters”
- (58:48) Thomas Lemmer (feat. Naemi Joy), “White Room”
Don’t forget to tell me your favorite song from this week’s show in the comments below.
Take your place to chill on the go with the Dave’s Lounge App, which gives you to streaming access all the latest episodes of Dave’s Lounge, plus bonus mixes not available in the podcast, for only $1.99. The Dave’s Lounge App is now available for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Windows 8.
Enjoy the show!
It’s day 19 of my full juice fast lifestyle change, and i’m doing great! Just a little post with an update, talk about the amazing customer support at FitBit, and also talk about Detroit Tigers and their recent trades! JUICE ON!!!
Cowboy Cantor, a excelência da música independente.
- Expenzer: Dying T-Rex (from “Kill The Conductor”, Switzerland)
- Zombie Death Stench: Boneless Grave (from “Infected”, Modesto, USA)
- Nordheim: Sailing The Drakkar (from “Lost in The North”, Quebec, Canada, Maple Metal Records)
- Sudden Flames: Gabriel’s Quest (from “Under The Sign of The Alliance”, Quebec, Canada, Asher)
- Valfreya: Oceans’s Assault (from “Path to Eternity”, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Asher)
- Yonder Realm: The Old Ways (from “The Old Ways”, North Babylon, NY, USA)
- Tothem: Beyond The Sea (from “Beyond The Sea”, Rome Italy)
- Sonic Prophecy: Oracle of The Damned (from “Apocalyptic Promenade”, Salt Lake City, USA)
- Thalion: To Hell and Back (from “Dawn of Chaos”, Quebec, Canada)
- Ungoliantha: Расплата (from “Dedicated to all Demons”, Lugansk, Ukraine)
- Wythfilth: Where Nothing Exists and Nothing Speaks (Single Release, Norwich, UK)
- Cold Insight: Silver Night (from “Various Tracks, France)
- Omega District: Perpetual Inertia (from “The Deconstruction of a Universe”, Seattle, USA)
- Elegies: Throne (Single Release, Sheffield, UK)
- Fort Hope: Crosses (And So we Dig)(from ” Plans”, Bedfordshire, UK)
- Of Allies: Fragments (from “Fragments”, Hull UK)
- False Flag: Sacrifice of Solitude (from “Nest of Vipers”, Calgary, Canada)
- Donovan Wolfington: Hxc Punk (from “How to Treat The Ones you Love”, New Orleans, USA)
- The Finite Beings: Spirit Driven (Single Release, USA)
Oh hello podcast listeners! Apologies that it’s being so long since the last show. Blah, blah work, blah blah chronic pain… Anyway, podcast 211 is here now, so let’s not say any more about it.
That picture there is a bit of the cover of John Darnielle’s book “Wolf in White Van”. Is it any good? I haven’t read it yet, but he’s talking about it at the Edinburgh Book Festival this year so I thought I should read it beforehand. I just need to finish this shonky 1970’s Arthur C Clarke sci-fi book about enigmatic aliens that I’m currently reading.
Anyway, what’s in the show? Music! Great music, and bad chat. Nothing changes.
1. SHARPTOOTH – “Queen Of Scots” (Played courtesy of Gerry Loves Records)
2. Spit-Take – “Hide My Eyes” (Played courtesy of Ice Age Records, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
3. Ours Blond – “What a piece of work is H.Ford” (Played courtesy of Ours Blond, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
4. The Mountain Goats – “Song For Dennis Brown (Live)” (Played courtesy of archive.org)
5. Surface Tension – “Surface Tension (single)” (Played courtesy of Surface Tension, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
6. Useless Grant – “The Last Tree in The South” (Played courtesy of Useless Grant, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
7. the valenteens – “So Thin” (Played courtesy of the valenteens, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
8. Waylon Thornton – “Strange Looking Child” (Played courtesy of Waylon Thornton, Released under a Creative Commons licence)
Direct Download: Edinburgh Man #211
The Salt Mine is a the newest track from London based alternative-folk artist Adam Cleaver, who seems to channel Thom Yorke’s haunting falsetto in parts within, carried forward with accompaniment of the perfect arrangement on his acoustic guitar, complimented by the steady build-up performed by his very talented backing band.
Adam Cleaver is only 24 and started performing on the open mic circuit in 2013 where he piqued interest of Veta Records and began working on tracks with Matt Harris (HAWK). His debut EP Boxed and Braised received some solid support upon release and he is now poised to release the 2nd EP ‘Man or Beast’ due to drop via Veta Records on September 18th.
For fans of: Thom Yorke, Fleet Foxes, Iron & Wine
[via abadgeoffriendship]The Salt Mine HypeMachine
This week we have the privilage of speaking with Holly Mclatchie from the band, Van Susans to help introduce their fresh-off-the-presses new single, “Lipstick Teeth.” Deann Snyder from musicforlunch.com joins us again with picks from her blog, and you also hear Claire’s selections from the submission box during the first part of the show.
There’s a fair bit of banter in this episode – we hope that’s OK with you!The Playlist Title Album Artist Leonard Leonard Fake Chatter Revolution Revolution Violet Wylde Ring Up Ring Up Ray Rubio Red Dress of Reba Microphone SloFunkPump Time is Dying Eva Eva Lipstick Teeth Lipstick Teeth (Single) Van Susans Imaginary Song Imaginary Song Errant Boy Go Get Your Warpaint Go Get Your Warpaint Monsters as Humans Summer Days Summer Days On the Avenue Belief Belief Delaire Too Alike Ny Ep Phonographics Young States The Paper Kites Breathe Again Breathe Again – EP The Kickdrums Castle Greyscale Castle Greyscale Cowtown All the Time All the Time (single) Swimm Give Up Give Up Claws Luck ‘n’ That Luck ‘n’ That (single) Pana Waves Midnight Island Midnight Island Harrison Brome Desire Sore Dilly Dally
See you next week!
~JW, CR and DS
The band play homage to 1960’s West Coast Psychedelia, we’re thinking The Byrds here.
Its a bit older than recent Doses, but this kind of music is timeless.
Entrevista com Fernando Silva, guitarra e segunda voz dos Country Playground.
1. André Barros – The Passenger Who Never Left (Marinha Grande, Portugal)
2. Country Playground – Down To Mexico (Leiria, Portugal) [artista do mês de Julho]
Cowboy Cantor, a excelência da música independente.