- Last Frontier: Visionary Maze (from “Theta Healing”), Italy
- Black Sheep: Choices (from “The Whales of The Grey Sea”,
- Efpix: It’s Time to Die (from “Evil Sides”, Russia)
- Skinflick: GlitchPig (from “I’m pissing on you but The Fire has Long Since gone Out”, Wales)
- Ventenner: Wave (from “Distorture”, London UK)
- Mortiis: Demons are Back (Marc Uselli Remix)(Norway)
- Evil Scarecrow: Crabulon (from “Playing Dead Trees: The Acoustic Session EP”, Nottingham, UK)
- laRoque: 8000 Light Years from The Sun (from “These Kings, These Subterraneans), Montreal, Canada
- Fear of Domination: Colossus (from “Atlas”, Finland)
- Suzerain: Good Day (from “Identity”, London, UK)
Episode number 152 of Insomnia Radio: UK
Ro at the controls again. Ten tracks from UK Artists
Release Date: Sunday 01 May 2016
Rating: Work Safe
- Two Skies – When the Storm Hits
Not known | Web Site
- Tom Block – 10101
London | Web Site
- The Marivaux – Birds and The Bees
Manchester | Facebook
- Sykoya – Shiver
- Feral Love – Live The Wind
Liverpool | Facebook
- The Frayed Laces – Monsters
London | Web Site
- The Gospel Youth – DST
Brighton | BandCamp
- When Our Time Comes – Impending
London | Facebook
- This Party – Taste
Brighton | Web Site
- Wendy James – Bad Intentions & a bit of Cruelty
NYC via London | Web Site
- AMP – The Association of Music Podcasting
- Made in the UK Show
- Intro music by Blame Amy
- Music bed by Time in Antarctica
I Will Peel You Open is one of the singles from Slippertails’ album, There’s A Disturbing Trend, available in digital formats via Fleeting Youth Records and via vinyl from Big Tomato Records as of this past year.
The visceral single featured here today looks to have originally released in 2014, a beautiful sludge-filled dive into the New Jersey band’s sound and a perfect introduction to their nine song LP.I Will Peel You Open HypeMachine
Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight 147
To play click the player above or right click Spotlight 147 to download for free.
2. Roxanne De Bastion – Wasteland
3. Nick Ellis – The Grand Illusion
4. Vanessa Murray – Thanks To You
5. Dominic Dunn – Bury Your Head
Hosted by: Stuart Todd (Three Minute Hero)
If you get the chance, please support your local artists by joining their mailing lists, liking their facebook pages, following them on twitter, leaving them comments, going to their gigs, and buying their music direct from them where possible. The Liverpool Acoustic Spotlight is produced and presented by Graham Holland and Stuart Todd on behalf of the Liverpool Acoustic website, and is a proud member of the Association of Music Podcasting. The theme music alternates between King of the Faeries by Andrew Ellis from his CD Midnight On The Water, and Solid Ground by Neil Campbell.
London, UK pun-loving, emo, power-pop band Sad Blood were formed by drummer Daniel Goldberg and guitarist, vocalist and songwriter George Phillips in the Summer of 2014.
Described by promoters Vested Interest as “saccharine sweet indie-rock that possess all the hooks” Sad Blood are set to grab you by the heartstrings.
Music provided by the artists. Theme song provided by Dan at DanOSongs.com.
Idiosyncratic Transmissions is a member of the Association of Music Podcasting.
Hosted this week by Nick Tann of Is This Thing On Podcast
The Evening Shades
Jeff Lehman's City Lights Band
Ships Have Sailed
My thanks goes to all of the artists for their generous music contributions, and to Andrea Lynch of Blue Soap Music PR and Plugging and Dave Porter of Music Clout for providing some of the talent and tracks for the show.
More thanks goes to Troy Warden for his great intro.
At JogTunes.com, you'll find purchase links to all of the tunes from all of our podcast episodes as well as over 3000 BPM-rated workout tunes from label and indie artists.
Enjoy the show and may your next run be your best one.
Please note: You should consult with your doctor before starting any exercise program. Neither JogTunes nor Dr. Bob will be liable for any complications, injuries, loss or other medical problems arising from or in connection with using this service. Also, please note that "BPM" refers to the tempo of a tune and the number of foot falls per minute, not your heart rate.
With influences ranging from Pink Floyd to The Stooges, Psycho Comedy’s sound combines elements of experimental and dreamy progressive punk, and whilst fairly minimal in hooks, the band remain firm in their message with unapologetic and dark urban, social and humorous lyrics.
Produced by Gil Norton, (Pixies, Foo Fighters), Psycho Comedy’s One is released on 3rd June via Playing With Sound and will be available to purchase on iTunes and Spotify. [via Super Cat PR]
1. Adam Busch – Mother (Austin, E.U.A)
2. Devin Balram – Brilliant (Cleveland, E.U.A.)
3. Girl Meets Bear – Lit Up (Toronto, Canadá) [artista do mês de Abril]
4. Mind Spiders – No Filter (Forth Worth, E.U.A.) [artista do mês de Maio]
5. Snuff Redux – Stop the Judge (Seattle, E.U.A.)
6. The Honeydogs – Devices (Minneapolis, U.E.A.)
7. Peder – Candyman (com Coco) (Copenhaga, Dinamarca)
Cowboy Cantor, a excelência da música independente.Facebook, TuneIn, Twitter
Euterpia Radio est de retour ! Enfin presque, disons qu’un événement important se passe aujourd’hui, alors j’en ai profité pour enregistrer un nouvel épisode, un « one shot ».
En revanche, ce qui est certain, c’est que le retour régulier d’Euterpia Radio est prévu pour la fin de l’année, dès que la nouvelle maison sera construite et que nous aurons déménagé !
Alors quel est cet évènement qui m’a fait sortir de mon trou ? Et bien c’est le lancement, ce dimanche, d’un nouveau réseau de podcast, The Other Side Podcast Network, un projet qui réunit The Bugcast, Open Country, TuxJam, Crivins, CC Jam et Euterpia Radio. Et nous pouvons dors et déjà vous annoncer que de nouveaux membres vont bientôt nous rejoindre, mais je vous en reparlerai plus tard.
En attendant, voici la liste des artistes présents cette semaine sur Euterpia Radio, et rendez-vous au plus tard à la fin de l’année, mais je ferais sans doute un ou deux épisodes d’ici là. Bon dimanche !
- Kevin Bourgey – A chacun sa peine (C’est ma vie, 2014)
- Josh Woodward – Too Many Valleys (Addressed to the Stars, 2016)
- Deep Down Inside – Bad Kind (Feather and Stone, 2016)
- Fullkimo – Par tous les temps (Par tous les temps, 2016)
- Shaun Murphy – Hey Baby Don’t You Remember Me (It Won’t Stop Raining, 2016)
- Luck – Le Choix (Aux 4 vents, 2015)
- Azul – Sous la surface (aZul, 2016)
- Jack Michael’s Band – What You Drinkin’ About (Jack Michael, 2015)
- Bobby Blue – Top Of The World (Getting High [Explicit], 2015)
- Les Humeurs cérébrales – Oyez, oyez ! (Terroir-caisse, 2014)
Sources : Jamendo, mail.
Introduction et fermeture musicale : Josh Woodward, Cheapskate Romantic Ecouter aussi :
Coming together to make music in 2012, inspired three-piece Unique comme tout le monde [Unique like everyone else], make stripped down and exciting indie-folk flavored music in the Laurentides region of Quebec. The beautiful track featured here today, Le voilier en papier mâché [The Paper Mache Sailboat] comes from what appears to be their self-titled creative commons released three song EP debut that they put out February 6th.
They also have released Nuit de février [February Night], a weather-centric single which came out at the very end of that month on Leap Year Day. All are available via the Bandcamp link below.
[tip via ziklibrenbib]Le voilier en papier mâché by Unique comme tout le monde is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)
License Le voilier en papier mâché HypeMachine
This week on The Bugcast: we talk live with Kevie, Lainey, and Yannick about podcasting and Podcrawl, plus our usual mix of 8 amazing Creative Commons and independent tracks!Songs played
- After The Rain – Set Me Free (Entwurf) – from Germany – source
- LukHash – The Other Side – from Poland – source
- Hemmingbirds – Resolutions – from Chicago, IL – source
- The Dada Weatherman – Flying On A Cloud – from France – source
- With Eve – All We Need – from Kazakstan? – source
- Matti Paalanen – Clouds Fly As I Smile – from Finland – source
- Heartskin – Ocean – from Russia – source
- Highway 50 – The Easy Way Out – from Boulder, CO – source
Lainey and Yannick on last week’s show
Open Country – a new country podcast – launches Sunday 1 May 2016
Kevie on Glasgow Podcrawl – Friday 29 July 2016, at The State Bar, Holland Street, Glasgow from 18:00
Otherside Network – a new podcast network – launches Sunday 1 May 2016
Stage 2 of the Tour De Yorkshire passes through Conisbrough on Saturday 30 April
People’s Choice Podcast Awards 2016 – nominations close Saturday 30 April 2016
- Please leave us feedback on the music or any of the topics that we’ve discussed.
- The next live show will be episode 408, broadcast live in the chatroom on Friday 6 May 2016 at 21:30 UK time (BST/GDT/UTC+1).
- Join us during the week on our Telegram group chat – click here to join (you’ll need a Telegram account)
- People’s Choice Podcast Awards 2016 – nominations open until Saturday 30 April – please nominate The Bugcast!
The artists for allowing us to play their music.
Everyone who joined us in the chat room for the live broadcast of this show.
Internet Archive for hosting the media files
Ubuntu Podcast for the use of their Icecast server
Euterpia Radio for the use of their Shoutcast server
World Wide Indie Radio for relaying the live stream on their own service
Leitbur is an unsigned synthpop boy/girl duo Jaron Widman and Samantha Krzyston. Solid Ground is about an event that happened years ago in Jaron’s life. With no cell phone, on his way from Seattle to Los Angeles, driving alone at night on the long stretch of empty interstate in northern California, his car broke down and he had to hitchhike with a trucker into the next town. It acts as a metaphor for revelations years later — the search for stability, the weight of self-imposed isolation, and the struggle to accept yourself after you’ve made too many tumultuous life decisions.
Glasgow Scotland’s THE VAN T’s have returned with their excellent surf-rock stylings via the new EP “A Coming of Age”, the stunning sound first showcased via their 2015 EP Laguna Babe. Starting their songwriting career at seventeen, twin sisters Hannah (guitar, vocals) and Chloe Van Thompson (guitar, vocals) decided to start a band shortly after playing around Scotland and quickly added a bass and drummer to the mix. Taking inspiration from band’s such as the B52’s, Veruca Salt, Smashing Pumpkins and Le Butcherettes, The Van T”s have created a contemporary, scuzz-filled record that also has an endearing raw quality pouring out from every note.
A Coming of Age by The Van T’s is officially released on 10th June 2016 via Bloc+Music.
[via A Badge of Friendship]35mm HypeMachine
As a life-long Prince fan, I had always hoped he would soften up his anti-internet stance and allow podcasters the opportunity to play at least one of his songs. Alas, that never happened. Thankfully, two of his most famous protégés, Wendy & Lisa, did make a song from their self-released 2008 album “White Flags Of Winter Chimneys” available to podcasters. I jumped at the chance to play it then, and it makes a fitting tribute now to the man who launched their career.
This is also the first radio show that features new music, including the latest from All India Radio, Poldoore, and Boys Noize.
(00:14) Wendy & Lisa, “Balloon”
(07:42) Kawehi, “Smoke Screens”
(12:09) Klangliebe, “Fatally Wounded”
(16:42) Halou, “Honeythief”
(19:49) Motif, “Strong (feat. Pamela Nyambo)”
(25:28) Submotion Orchestra, “Red Dress”
(30:00) Merge of Equals, “Home”
(34:32) Karmacoda, “Epic”
(39:12) Poldoore, “Midnight in Saigon (feat. Astrid)”
(46:03) Captain Supernova, “Only One (feat. Jackie Gage)”
(49:19) Deeper Sublime, “Hold My Hand”
(52:39) Got A Girl, “I’ll Never Hold You Back”
(57:50) Triangle Sun, “When The Rain Comes Falling Down”
(1:01:36) All India Radio, “Can You Hear The Sound”
(1:05:55) Boys Noize feat. Poliça, “Star Child”
(1:10:09) The Stone Bird, “Ice Walls”
(1:13:52) Tang Kai, “I Will Lead You Home”
(1:20:36) Science for Girls, “Northern Lights”
(1:26:16) Ambray, “Sails”
(1:30:45) Thomas Lemmer, “Forever (feat. Naemi Joy)”
(1:37:02) Litany, “Look”
(1:40:58) Natalie Walker, “Faith”
(1:44:27) Villablue, “If I Could Tell You”
(1:49:10) Ficci, “Wish (feat. LaMeduza)”
(1:56:37) Louis Futon, “Wasted On You (feat. ROZES)”
The next radio broadcast will celebrate the 11th anniversary of the launch of the Dave’s Lounge podcast. I’ve got something special planned for this one, and not all of it will make it to the podcast feed, so tune in to Dave’s Lounge on WHUP-LP FM next Sunday at 3:00 PM ET! (1900 UTC) to hear it all!
This week’s show has some great new additions to the catalog including Janine Jkuhl, and Heel, and we dive into our library of live sessions we’ve recorded over the years and bring back some of our favorites.The Playlist Title Album Artist Kill Us When We’re Famous The Rose Affair Bits And Pieces Man from the light PortableHigh Tempted Single Janine Jkuhl Nothing New The Parts we Save Heel How Do You Love? How Do You Love? – Single THEA Carry On Some Build Castles Rebecca Cullen Be Still My Heart Genevieve Jacqui Treco Silly Ghosts/Tarnished Screens Scuttle EP Sailour How the Other Half Live Peachy Keen The Fox and the Hounds Tidy My Room Why Should I Tidy My Room? Sadie Horler Shattered Dreams Hellbound Hymns The Urban Voodoo Machine Follow Follow – single Sam Brockington Picasso Picasso – single Young Night Dirt and Grime Dirt and Grime – single HVMNS Speaking Springsteen The Church of Steve Honest Robert Batley Isobelle (live) Live After Dinner – The Justin Wayne Show – 4th June 2012 Pepper And Shepherd Just Another Cliche (live) Live After Dinner with Justin Wayne Calvin Roche, Josh Rigal The Other End Live in Studio C at Main Street Studios Kory Nagler Shoelace (live) Live session at The Workshop, Walla Walla WA Whisky Barrel Rocker Ident TJWS Miccoli Jingles – TJWS Miccoli Making Up For Lost Time Live at DemoFest 2014 – Mace Mead Works, Dayton WA Feeny vs Belding Runaway Dear Joe EP Anna Pancaldi Factory Song Live In Studio C at Main Street Studios, Walla Walla, WA Roaming Herds of Buffalo I Remember When (live) Live session at Blunderbuss, Bozeman, MT Kyle M. Helm
See you next week!
~JW and CR